Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Iphone 4 users  (Read 5960 times)

strobes

Iphone 4 users
« on: March 30, 2012, 09:07:08 PM »

Thought i would send a quick note to any fellow iphone 4s users.  i came across a new case for the phone called Lifeproof.  it makes your phone water proof, dust proof and shock proof.  its a little on the pricey side at 79.99, but man is it sweet.  you can actually use it underwater!  i work as a carpenter and am always working outside in the elements and now i have no worries about taking my phone out in the rain and mud.  and it will be nice to use on the river without the worry of dropping it in the water.  i totally recommend this case for the ultimate iphone protection.
<>{Early to bed...early to rise...fish all day...make up lies}<>

milo

• Old Timer
Re: Iphone 4 users
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 09:25:49 PM »

Thought i would send a quick note to any fellow iphone 4s users.  i came across a new case for the phone called Lifeproof.  it makes your phone water proof, dust proof and shock proof.  its a little on the pricey side at 79.99, but man is it sweet. you can actually use it underwater! i work as a carpenter and am always working outside in the elements and now i have no worries about taking my phone out in the rain and mud.  and it will be nice to use on the river without the worry of dropping it in the water.  i totally recommend this case for the ultimate iphone protection.

Don't you just hate it when people call you while you are scuba-diving?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 09:27:46 PM by milo »

river walker

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 10:38:50 PM »

Where did you get it? And have you actually dunked your phone in the river yet??
"Second best head..... STEELHEAD"

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 11:23:51 PM »

SHEEEPLE.... ;)
Take the T out of Morton.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 08:51:19 AM »

Thought i would send a quick note to any fellow iphone 4s users.  i came across a new case for the phone called Lifeproof.  it makes your phone water proof, dust proof and shock proof.  its a little on the pricey side at 79.99, but man is it sweet.  you can actually use it underwater!  i work as a carpenter and am always working outside in the elements and now i have no worries about taking my phone out in the rain and mud.  and it will be nice to use on the river without the worry of dropping it in the water.  i totally recommend this case for the ultimate iphone protection.

I told a carpenter friend of mine about this case. He has the Otter case that protects his phone well but is not water proof and allows sawdust to get into the phone.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

strobes

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 09:30:39 AM »

I got it at best buy. I haven't used it at the river yet. They ask you to water test it in the directions and leave the case without the phone in it underwater for an hour to check the seals and not even the smallest drop made it in. So it will make for some great water shots. I had the otterbox for my phone but I had to open it up everyday after work to empty sawdust as well.
<>{Early to bed...early to rise...fish all day...make up lies}<>

prairiefire

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 09:41:23 AM »

and it will be nice to use on the river without the worry of dropping it in the water. 

except for that fact it might just float away. My buddies all laugh at me when I put my iPhone in a ziploc. "What's that for? So you can call your phone at the bottom of the lake/river"  :D
"Assholes are like opinions, everybody got to have one."-Method Man

joshhowat

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 04:36:27 PM »

I'm going to have to see that case Dave I'm still rocking the heavy duty zip lock bag.
Eat, Sleep, Fish.

bcguy

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 09:22:50 PM »

Funny how things have changed so much, 20/25 years ago, no one was sporting a phone while fishing, and never knew that while fishing, you had to be able to be in touch with anyone at a moments notice, and viseversa, now every one is convinced you can't ever be out of touch.
Addictions are a terrible thing to watch ::)
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 09:25:30 PM »

I have been using the same water proof case for about 20 years. It kind of looks like a glove box in a vehicle. After all I am fishing and enjoying the scenery! Just my 2 cents! Enjoy your new case, sounds cool.
Have you talked too someone for a while and thought too yourself.......
"who ties your shoelaces for you"

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 09:43:19 PM »

Funny how things have changed so much, 20/25 years ago, no one was sporting a phone while fishing, and never knew that while fishing, you had to be able to be in touch with anyone at a moments notice, and viseversa, now every one is convinced you can't ever be out of touch.

What kind of cell phone and case do you own?   ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Iyekim76

• Facebook Mike-SL
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 11:49:22 PM »

http://www.optrixhd.com/

This looks like a more durable case. I have checked out the Life Pro cases and they come in a few colors. The only downfall is that the belt clip/mount is an additional $29.99. The optrix is priced at $89.99.
---------------------¿<•}},'-'{]~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BNF861

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 08:46:41 AM »

I always have my iPhone with me when fishing. In a ziploc bag because I am too cheap to buy a waterproof case lol.

Just because I have it with me does not mean I use it. I enjoy the piece and quite while fishing, but if there was an emergency at home with my wife/kids, get called to work or fall and break my leg as I often fish alone, it is an important thing to have with me.

So will be your face after a day out fishing "out of touch" when something tragic happens and you were unconnected  ::)

bcguy

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 09:01:00 AM »

I always have my iPhone with me when fishing. In a ziploc bag because I am too cheap to buy a waterproof case lol.

Just because I have it with me does not mean I use it. I enjoy the piece and quite while fishing, but if there was an emergency at home with my wife/kids, get called to work or fall and break my leg as I often fish alone, it is an important thing to have with me.

So will be your face after a day out fishing "out of touch" when something tragic happens and you were unconnected  ::)
Just an observation on the addictive nature of communication for humans. ;)
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 05:28:02 PM »

except for that fact it might just float away. My buddies all laugh at me when I put my iPhone in a ziploc. "What's that for? So you can call your phone at the bottom of the lake/river"  :D

yes we laugh.... got over ur crappy iphone anyways !!!! get an android !!!