Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How are you going to fight “man made global warming”?  (Read 8115 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: How are you going to fight “man made global warming”?
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2019, 06:55:20 AM »

WMY I think you are applying this info out of context.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Fatso

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2019, 12:30:06 PM »

Ralph: While it is important to reduce population growth, that is not the main cause of climate change.

.... correct.... let’s not forget there’s also sun spot activity, and volcanic activity both above ground and undersea.

And let’s not forget eating ice cream is helping to cool the climate.   8)

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2019, 01:34:20 PM »

Every January I make a plan to donate money to a different worthy cause every month. I aim to include organizations that support the community and the environment. This year's environmental donations are going to Ecojustice, the Nature Conservancy of Canada, and Langley Environmental Partners Society.

It's easy to feel like there's nothing we can do in the face of such large problems but putting your money where your mouth is is a good place to start :P

Fatso

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2019, 02:03:13 PM »

It's easy to feel like there's nothing we can do in the face of such large problems but putting your money where your mouth is is a good place to start

Hi, very good but how does donating money have an affect on cooling the climate?

According to the Climate Alarmists, Global Warming is man made.  It is supposedley caused by our behaviour.  So wouldnt it make sense to change your behaviour in order to fight Global Warming?  :)

Because if all we had to do was donate money to these groups it would all be so simple, no?

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2019, 02:52:54 PM »

Take a look at the groups' mission statements and current projects to get an idea of what they're up to, especially Ecojustice's current cases. Money = power.

I'm not interested in debating whether climate change is (a) real, or (b) the result of human activities.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2019, 06:57:19 PM »

Ecojustice wouldn't be my first choice, they have huge corporate sponsors and really don't need help from the little guy.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2019, 06:12:45 AM »

Ecojustice wouldn't be my first choice, they have huge corporate sponsors and really don't need help from the little guy.

Huge corporate sponsors? ROTFLMAO! Let's not mention that Viviane Krause is funded by "huge corporations".
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 06:55:09 AM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

fishfulangler

• Reel that sucker in!
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2019, 08:13:15 AM »

Another good idea you'd be able to do is to get your workplace to go green. Workplaces use a lot of energy if left on over night, or they use a lot of styrofoam cups. Maybe they don't even recycle. So go to management and ask, it won't hurt.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2019, 08:31:14 AM »

Those of us that have worked in the trades know just how much crap is just thrown away. Honestly anything can be thrown in a hole in the ground for a price. Bin after bin. 100's of giant bins a day full of paint, chemicals, toxic metals and other crap is taken away from work sites daily and the city wont take my garbage if I leave a single can in my trash.

Fatso

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2019, 09:26:16 AM »

Yeah, evrything is so disposable because its convenient and cheap.  One day they may ban take out containers.  That would go a long way to reducing landfill material and litter.

Maybe we should be carrying our own ceramic reuseable cup and other reuseable eating utensils?

Would that help?  :)

Edited to add:

And maybe the price of building materials is relatively so cheap that its cheaper to throw unwanted material away rather than repurpose or recycle.  The waste is truly a shame.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 10:36:55 AM by Fatso »

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2019, 10:33:26 AM »

Yeah, evrything is so disposable because its convenient and cheap.  One day they may ban take out containers.  That would go a long way to reducing landfill material and litter.

Maybe we should be carrying our own ceramic reuseable cup and other reuseable eating utensils?

Would that help?  :)

Why dont we all point out the fact that Indonesia, Malaysia, The Philippines and other south Asains countries are the reason why theres so much plastic and pollution in our Pacific Ocean. The environmental groups want people in North America to make drastic or sometimes unrealistic changes in their day to lives. Oh what's that? Another raise in the carbon tax ? No straws ? No plastic bags ? What about the worlds biggest polluters?

Fatso

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2019, 10:38:16 AM »

Yes, so very true. We are a drop in the bucket compared to Asia. 

Fatso

Warmer weather now
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2019, 01:06:22 PM »

The weather is just beautiful all of a sudden.
Fantastic!!

Maybe the carbon taxes should be higher?

I dont think the carbon taxes are working yet.  ;D

typhoon

• Old Timer
Re: Warmer weather now
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2019, 04:46:57 PM »

The weather is just beautiful all of a sudden.
Fantastic!!

Maybe the carbon taxes should be higher?

I dont think the carbon taxes are working yet.  ;D

Could you possibly be so ignorant to think that human pollution doesn't affect the environment?
Do you understand that global warming does not mean that it will be warmer in every place on the planet at the same time?
Do you understand that human caused global warming produces climate change that makes droughts, floods, tornadoes, bomb cyclones, wildfires, algae blooms, species extinction, etc?
Is this thread just a troll?