Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: junk lk  (Read 3671 times)

fishherron

• DSC00434-001
junk lk
« on: March 27, 2009, 08:19:13 PM »

I am really getting tired of all the crap left on the ice and the road at some of these small stocked lakes.

Even have ,I think, empty propane tanks waiting to float or sink,which ever comes first.

Need yous guys from the chedder to come help clean up.
Fish for all your worth but, remember what the fish are worth.

Nymph

Re: junk lk
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 04:30:52 PM »

I went to Whonnock Lake the other day and had a pretty good time catching 1 nice sized rainbow.

While I was out on the lake in my float tube, a group of 3 men came to do some dock fishing. After 30min-1hr of yelling and carrying on they left. When I flipped my way to shore, I became enraged as I saw that the "men" left empty cans of Guinness on the dock.

The world is not our waste-bin.

Pack it in-- Pack it out
Git-R-Done

arimaBOATER

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 10:00:40 PM »

I'm with you guys on this one "for sure".... LITTERBUGS always amaze me.... Yous give two recent examples & it only points out that littering is a problem.

bmynbr

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 08:41:45 AM »

You know I took my son down to green timbers lake, and all along the shore line there were lines and hooks and anything else people brought and didn't want to take out.  A little rediculous if you ask me!

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 06:04:16 AM »

Story time! I was fishing at Grace lake one day and I came upon 3 bags of trash tossed by the parking area. A little detective work yielded a few envelopes with a name and address. I cleaned up the mess, tossed it in the back of my truck as night approached and delivered it right back to the Coquitlam address on the envelope. I also looked up the phone number and had a "little chat" with the offending party. >:(
http://

sean_salmon

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 01:51:37 PM »

Story time! I was fishing at Grace lake one day and I came upon 3 bags of trash tossed by the parking area. A little detective work yielded a few envelopes with a name and address. I cleaned up the mess, tossed it in the back of my truck as night approached and delivered it right back to the Coquitlam address on the envelope. I also looked up the phone number and had a "little chat" with the offending party. >:(

Did they say it was theirs? lol

arimaBOATER

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 05:18:36 PM »

Noticed today there was some litter..fast food containers bag etc... that was next to our trees in the front yard...... not far from the roadway..... My immeadiate thought was maybe it blew out of someones re-cycle bag ...as it's been quite WINDY recently... BUT fast food garage more than likely was thrown out someone's car window ( LITTER BUGS) ...anyways went over to pick the mess  & to my SURPRIZE was a $ FIVE DOLLAR BILL mixed in with the garbage. ------ FINDERS KEEPERS --------- That's one litter bug who lost out on this one !!!!

The Fish Hunter

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 05:54:19 PM »

Mike Lake in Golden Ears has so many cans, empty bait cans, subway wrappers in it..... Its gross. Its a great little lake to fish in, but it is such a dissapointment to see so much litter

Nymph

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 06:06:40 AM »

When I go fishing I bring myself a can of Beaver Buzz--- it really gets my flippers moving when I am floating on the lake.

Funny, I seem to manage to haul my can out EVERY time. It usually is very difficult for me to not leave it behind- but I find a way.

I know a guy who got angry because he got a ticket for littering... I wish more were handed out.
Git-R-Done

OGrady

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 09:12:47 PM »

as sad as it is i relize at most of my fishing spots that alot if not most of the junk left behind is fishing related most being very small strings of line swivels hooks powerbait containers ect. people dont relize the long lasting effects of things such as line witch takes many years to break down when it could easily be recycled just by putting it in a used milk jug. one think u relize is that there can never be to much education about this.

fish tracker

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 09:55:28 PM »

Every time I went fishing with my dad we picked up trash as we made our way down the river.And still to this day I bring a grocery bag in my vest and do the same every time its like instinct for me.Teach your kids and friends these habits and they will pass it on.Its easier than you think.

Nymph

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 10:03:12 PM »

Today I went to Green Timbers with my wife and friends.

We had a good time, we caught some Lines, Lures, Weights... and at the end some fish.

At least we were able to get some of the rubbish out of the Lake.
Git-R-Done

The Fish Hunter

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 12:54:30 AM »

I went to green timbers today and caught a nice trout along with some "new weights" and quick changes lol

Nymph

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 12:20:40 AM »

I don't want this thread to die- because I know some of the "offenders" must read this.

Went to Mike Lake today. Saw lots of fish jumping. Also saw two guys start a fire, throw cigarettes and cigars into the lake.

Oh and if anyone is looking for a slightly used lawn chair- you just need to dive a little off the dock!
Git-R-Done

work2fish

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 02:32:30 PM »

Went out the other day on a little local stream.  Came back with a 12 pack worth of empties, some chip bags, 3-4 plastic bags, and a small pail to carry it all out with.

Anyone else tend to notice the beer brand of choice for the litter-bugs tends to be Bud Light or Kokanee?