Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Article about real fishermen lol  (Read 5183 times)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Article about real fishermen lol
« on: August 28, 2007, 05:30:13 PM »

Found this on one of the other sites and it sure made me laugh. I think this guy is living in a dream world.
http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i146/roscoe-pco/?action=view&current=newarticle.jpg
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 05:49:10 PM by fly_guy »

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
Re: Article about real fishermen lol
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 05:52:41 PM »

wow, what paper did that come from, that is downright nasty...

I'd suggest some rebutal letters...

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 05:59:41 PM »

maybe they should fish their inherited waters with their ancient techniques and leave the aluminum boats, jets, gill nets for us modern people?

Exactly!!

If thats the way they want it than cut them off of goverment funding as well. Lets see how they get by without any help from the taxpayer. Who are they going to sell the fish to if the white man doesnt buy it? The guy who wrote that didnt really think it through.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 06:24:13 PM »

wow man,what century are we in man?AT what point does all this crap end,it seems some of these people love to preach the importance of their ways and their land ,their fish and game while at the same time more than willingly accepting any and all the benefits the white man brings,As far as i am concerned this country doesn't owe these people a thing,they should have to fall in line and adapt to the ever changing face of our society just like the rest of us.there has to be a limit on this, their ways and beliefs are no more important than mine or anyone Else's in Canada.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 06:40:05 PM »

It must of been for something else as I think this guy was smoking more then just fish  ;D ;D .

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 07:02:00 PM »

This is the kind of mentality from some FN members that should remind us sporties to have a united front against DFO bending to these ridiculous demands from FN. Why should sporties fight each other to death over legal fishing methods as if it matters in the big picture of fish conservation. Why on earth they think our take of 2% is that much of irritation to them while we pay our taxes (what did they ever pay?) and support salmon enhancement initiatives by our license fees. Instead they take billions every year from our government and what have they done in return except to demand more?

coryandtrevor

• Winter : Stick on the ice , fly in the water
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 07:18:49 PM »

>:(

The First Nations really gets hammered on this site some times. There is always some minority group be it , bottom bouncers or
snaggers or FN and other minority groups that are singled out as the culprits and scapegoats for all the perceived problems of the lack of fish and ethics across the board. Truth be told, its not the Aboriginals that dine out night after night at fancy restaurants and cafes that gobble up all the seafood with reckless abandon. Its the "white man". Its not the minorities that run the massive commercial fishing operations and haul in millions of tonnes of fish + bycatch. Its not the minorities that govern the waters and allow late season openings at the wrong time in the runs. Its not the minorities that largely profit off of nasty fish farms that continue to threaten wild stock. We are really all responsible for the problems that face our fisheries and to pass it off as if some other group is always to blame is shameful IMO.

CandT 8)

"The swing is the thing but the tug is the drug" - Unknown

speycaster

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 07:22:54 PM »

I can trace my ancestors back to the 1740s in the eastern united states tho at that time it was still a British colony. There were some that made their living hunting indians, so maybe i should be able to take up my heritage again, after all it is a traditional thing. ;D ;D I could get an armoured personal carrier complete with twin 20 millimetre cannons and grenade launchers, some claymore mines would work too. ;D ;D Who would want to use a flint lock muzzle loader and black powder. ;D ;D This makes just as much sense as what that person of limited brain power is suggesting. ::) ::)

coryandtrevor

• Winter : Stick on the ice , fly in the water
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 07:33:00 PM »

I can trace my ancestors back to the 1740s in the eastern united states tho at that time it was still a British colony. There were some that made their living hunting indians, so maybe i should be able to take up my heritage again, after all it is a traditional thing. ;D ;D I could get an armoured personal carrier complete with twin 20 millimetre cannons and grenade launchers, some claymore mines would work too. ;D ;D Who would want to use a flint lock muzzle loader and black powder. ;D ;D This makes just as much sense as what that person of limited brain power is suggesting. ::) ::)

John Rocker.....is that you ?  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmohWqaVeF8
"The swing is the thing but the tug is the drug" - Unknown

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 07:34:06 PM »

This article was in the todays edition of The Mission Record newspaper for those that are interested.

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 07:48:25 PM »

sweaping a long @$$ gill net down a river, netting anything that comes in contact with it...thats a real fishermen alright...talk about "raping and looting" our resources ::).

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 07:55:28 PM »

>:(

The First Nations really gets hammered on this site some times. There is always some minority group be it , bottom bouncers or
snaggers or FN and other minority groups that are singled out as the culprits and scapegoats for all the perceived problems of the lack of fish and ethics across the board. Truth be told, its not the Aboriginals that dine out night after night at fancy restaurants and cafes that gobble up all the seafood with reckless abandon. Its the "white man". Its not the minorities that run the massive commercial fishing operations and haul in millions of tonnes of fish + bycatch. Its not the minorities that govern the waters and allow late season openings at the wrong time in the runs. Its not the minorities that largely profit off of nasty fish farms that continue to threaten wild stock. We are really all responsible for the problems that face our fisheries and to pass it off as if some other group is always to blame is shameful IMO.

CandT 8)

Heres the difference. White man can live without fish, natives cant. Close down all the fish farms, completely stop fishing for salmon ( natives never did fish for tuna, halibut etc ) Now the natives can go back to spearing fish or netting rivers without boats with no more funding from the government and tax payers. How are the natives going to survive? White man would get by just fine the natives wouldn't.

Their has to be a way of co-existing and the natives need to just "get over it" it was not us that stole their land. I am FAR form racist but they cant have their cake and eat it too.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 09:01:16 PM »

What a joke  :(

steelieman

• Fish On!!!!
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 09:17:10 PM »

I am totally speechless after reading an article like that. What editor would let something like that be published inciting more angers amongst the different groups of users of the Fraser River.

And who would use the name "Jason Thompson" to criticize the white fishermen.???? :'(

BladeKid

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 10:41:44 PM »

I am totally speechless after reading an article like that. What editor would let something like that be published inciting more angers amongst the different groups of users of the Fraser River.

i totally agree