Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lost Poles!!! Reward  (Read 2883 times)

Mikael150

Lost Poles!!! Reward
« on: October 11, 2009, 04:55:30 PM »

Went thanksgiving fishing on the vedder, at Lickman Road.  Left at 12:30(lunch), realized at the hwy we had left our poles leaning against the bush in the parking lot.  Went back and surprise no poles.  Any information or if found can be reached at mikael150@hotmail.com, hoping for a good samaritan. A reward will be given for found poles.  Can describe poles if found.  Thanks for your time. 

Mikael150

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
Re: Lost Poles!!! Reward
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 07:30:52 AM »

what were they; keep an eye on craigslist in case the person who found them tries to sell them

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/search/spo?query=fishing&catAbbreviation=spo&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 01:34:45 PM »

I found a couple of Ruskies - but no Poles....  ;D

rotfl  :D
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!

YESFISH

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 03:16:54 PM »

Sorry to hear about your poles. I've noticed that advertised prices are very high in BC. You might want to consider Sportco in Fife, WA; Outdoor Emporium in Seattle, or Warehouse in Burlington, WA.  Freds advertises Lamiglas for $299 but I've paid $190 for Lamiglas Certified Pro 11'0" float rod. Maybe someone will call you. In the old days, an honest guy would leave them for someone to return. Now, an honest guy should pick them up and advertise he found them. Most on this forum would maybe pick them up and make you a happy fishermen again.

Mikael150

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 01:03:59 PM »

No luck yet.....but still hoping.   Thanks for the replies

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 02:04:26 PM »

problem is that a high percentage of fishers out there right now are just a bunch of scum bag snaggers...if they will break the law and snag fish, I doubt their moral compass would sunddenly kcik in if they found these rods....hopefully I get proven wrong.

Menno

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 03:11:04 PM »

Too bad about your poles man!
Hopefully some good luck comes your way soon!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 07:01:33 PM »

Just a reminder as I posted before, when you return to your car or truck and do not put them in RIGHT away, lay them across your windshield so if you do forget and start to drive away you will see the. Has paid off for me.

SpringMaster

• Fish is on...life is good!
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 08:12:43 PM »

Hope you'll find your rod.
I did the exact same thing early July after a fishing day.  I left them beside the car on the bush and I only remembered when I got home.  It was way too late to go back and check.  I posted on this site the same night; and I put posters near that place the following week, but no luck!  My good rod and good reel were gone :(

If you have to get a new rod, check the Van Fishing store.  It's a small fishing shop ran by a Korean fellow, on North Rodad (Burnaby) beside Hannam supermarket.  He usually had good deals.  I got mine from there (Daiwa drift rod for $50).

And I know I'll never forget my rod ever again.  To make sure, just follow Chris' advise.
<º))))><`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯<º))))><<º))))>< `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯<º))))><¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.

<º))))><      Always        sharpen        your          hooks! <º))))><·.¸¯ ¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´<º))))>< `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸<º))))><.·´¯<º))))><¯`·.¸,.·´¯¯`·.¸,.

Scooterguy

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 09:27:28 PM »

Do not feel so bad. At least you forgot and left it behind so there is a little hope to get it back.  In my case, my car got broke in and took all mine fishing gears and 3 rods+ reels. One of them is brand new, I used only couple times.  >:(

I checked Craiglist  every now and then and even went to flee market to shop for them but no luck.

Now I have to start my collection again :'( :'(

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 11:17:47 AM »

If you are looking for repalcements, drop me an email.

I build rods as a hobby, I have too many now and I am thinking of liquadating a few to fund my next build...maybe I can set you up with some new gear.  I have a number of rods (pin and bait cast 9-11.5' from lamiglas and Sage) and reels (abu, shimano, JW young, avon, etc) so its pretty nice gear.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 07:20:44 PM »

M 150  ... Possibly check the local newspaper (in area where ya lost poles) & also Sun & Province newspaper 's LOST & FOUND section.  Ya can also phone the newspapers & ask the staff to check back issues for ya. ----------- Once forgot my wet mop with wooden handle outside some building near the airport after doing a floor scrub-seal -wax..... I was so happy to drive back there next day to see it still leaning on the side of the building near the front door. Literally 100's of people would of walked by it. I had used that mop for 14 yrs at that pt (of course replaced the cotton mop part many times)...& it was like my favourite item ...like a carpender likes his hammer or a fisherman ...his rod etc... -------- We fishermen can get attached to our rods SO ... hope ya get it back. Sadly you are also right "some " do not have the moral character to try to find a owner...as in their thinking it's "finders keepers & loser's weepers".  ----------------------------- Hear stories all the time of honest people returning wallets with loads of money inside OR bag of money  etc..... then ya get the real losers who ...will out right steal any & everything that has worth & is not nailed down.  Hope ya get those rods back but "if not".......from what Gooey  "posts" sounds like a good option ... also SpringMaster's tip sounds like something to check up on.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 07:29:44 PM by arimaBOATER »