Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FIRST TIME!  (Read 1085 times)

Shooter

FIRST TIME!
« on: July 27, 2009, 11:23:20 AM »

headed out to the Fraser on Saturday to try my luck bar fishing.  Packed up the BBQ, cooler, and lawn chair and headed out with a couple of guys.  we launched at island 22 and headed down river to the usual spot to find the bar fairly full.  we managed to find enough room at the top of the bar and set up camp.  fishing was slow and the sun was hot and around mid day the driver headed back to the launch to pick up the wives and my 6 month old beagle!  it was his first time out on the river (and the wifes) and i figured that he couldn't get very far considering we were surrounded by water.  In typical hound fashion the second he hit dry land his nose was to the ground and off exploring he went.  it didn't take him long to notice the groups of people farther down and off to the races he went.  i managed to track him down as he was indulging in the left over oysters that were discarded on the bar by hungary fisherman!  Needless to say he spent most of the day as the back up boat anchor!  after several hours the skies began to blacken and the distant rumbling of thunder could be heard.  the group down from us decided that it was time to go and someone made the remark...' let him off, he wont go anywhere.  there's nobody there now!'  i knew better than to listen but for some reason i decided to try him off leash once more.  after a quick game of fetch near the top of the bar i was soon out smarted and out run as he took off back to the oysters!  That was the end of his off leash time and soon after the rain started.  we lasted until about 8 when we finally packed up and headed home!

this is how most of his day was spent...can't wait to get him out again!

jeff

Re: FIRST TIME!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 04:53:04 PM »

I wonder who said to let him off the leash hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!
Enjoying the water..........