Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Low-holing to the extreme  (Read 13171 times)

Drewhill

Re: Low-holing to the extreme
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2014, 06:36:56 PM »

Wow, a thread on low-holing that's turned into people arguing and talking about how they'll f*** someone up if that happens to them. There's something new on FWR  :-\

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2014, 06:40:53 PM »

This is why I just stay home now,  its worse than beverly hills house wives

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2014, 06:50:01 PM »

Nothing gets me more fired up then catching a fish behind someone, then seeing the look on there face. Bring it on low holers, Let me see those faces.  ;D
The Bigger The Better!

ByteMe

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2014, 07:36:17 PM »

Wow, a thread on low-holing that's turned into people arguing and talking about how they'll f*** someone up if that happens to them. There's something new on FWR  :-\
This is the only site that tolerates this,same guys talking s**t every time,mods don't step in,and of course they are all BIG guys and can take care of themselves,grow up children,it's a public river,everyone has a right to fish it without being threatened by having spey lines wrapped around their necks and weighted flies tossed at their heads
There is more Bull S**T in fly fishing than in a Texas cattle yard
                                         Lefty Kreh

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2014, 07:54:37 PM »

for the record I don't give a flying f**k if you low hole me, just don't do it within my casting space and force me to either- have to move or stop all together and leave. I have been privy to being low holed so much on the Cheddar it doesn't even phase me, it does bug me a little when I am not allowed to finish out the run. I do get pleasure from pulling fish behind others though  :D

In regards to me wrapping my fly line around his neck. part of that was just to see if I could and because he was being a horses my friend about not moving I felt he needed a wake up call.

only time I have ever hooked someone besides myself was at Green Timbers like 15yrs ago when some dude decided to stand directly behind me while I was casting. I had no idea he was there or where he came from because I would always look for walkers/joggers before casting.

Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

RyanB

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2014, 08:18:07 PM »

This is the only site that tolerates this,same guys talking s**t every time,mods don't step in,and of course they are all BIG guys and can take care of themselves,grow up children,it's a public river,everyone has a right to fish it without being threatened by having spey lines wrapped around their necks and weighted flies tossed at their heads

Don't close der thread or dey'll kick yer my friend!
‘Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard’ - Ron Swanson

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2014, 08:22:45 PM »

This is why I just stay home now,
X2
After over 50 years of fishing this river I believe I'm done with it.  Love the system and will support its protection forever, but fishing it?   Maybe, occasionally ..

fisherforever

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2014, 08:42:48 PM »

This is why I just stay home now,  its worse than beverly hills house wives
Don't stay home Jim, lots of cutthroat action on the Fraser with a few steel thrown in with them. Haven't fished the Vedder for 4 years now for steel, much more satisfying fishing all day on the Fraser and ????? and not seeing another angler.

ByteMe

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2014, 09:08:52 PM »

if they banned all fly fishermen from the river(myself included),they would be able to put ten fold more fishermen on any given run,as we take up too much room to execute our cast,especially spey casts so it's not the bait caster that owes us an apology when they infringe too close,it's us that should apologize to them for taking up too much room.In today's crowded systems,they are tolerating us not the other way around,and when you have attitudes like casting a fly at someone's head,does anyone ever wonder why we fly fishermen are the most despised anglers.Used to feel pretty proud carrying a fly rod for 45 years ,but not anymore
There is more Bull S**T in fly fishing than in a Texas cattle yard
                                         Lefty Kreh

CohoMan

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2014, 09:42:10 PM »

Guys, this is only fishing!!!!!!!!!!

It is supposed to be a fun thing to do. Why get high blood pressure over it??

canso

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2014, 10:04:58 PM »

You are a bunch of fence posts, for every 10 people I see, only 1 is actually moving threw a run.

Tenz85

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2014, 10:13:43 PM »

I vote that this topic be reserved to posters with over 1000 posts and replies showing signs of intelligence. For those with over 1000 with no signs intelligence, you will be and have been tolerated.
 :P
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 10:21:30 PM by Tenz85 »