Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Norrish Creek and Chehalis River, November 11th 2008  (Read 1009 times)

Aki

Norrish Creek and Chehalis River, November 11th 2008
« on: November 11, 2008, 08:08:53 PM »

My son, his friend and I went to Norrish creek this morning. The water was better than the day before (not totally blown out and brown) but it was still high. A LOT of people trying to catch fish. Didn't see any cohos and only a couple of chums. We left and went to the Chehalis. The water was still high in the canyon and there were no fish. I think the old stock was blown out and the new fish have not yet arrived. It was raining; we got wet; so went home about 10am. Looks like the end of the salmon fishing for this season is coming soon.

hue-nut

• Old Timer
Re: Norrish Creek and Chehalis River, November 11th 2008
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 08:33:53 PM »

I also hit Norrish with a buddy today. Visibility was great, about 4 feet, but the water was quite high and flowing a little fast for the area that we wanted to fish. It looks like most of the nasty chum have been washed out, but the coho were few and far between. There was a group of about 20 guys fishing shoulder to shoulder above the bridge with mixed results. I saw about 5 fish landed and maybe 15 hooked in an hour. So people were catching coho today, they just had to work hard for them.