Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Belcarra perch / Lafarge 27th march  (Read 1914 times)

hrenya

Belcarra perch / Lafarge 27th march
« on: March 27, 2016, 05:59:34 PM »

Belcarra looked pretty empty today , we got there about 7+am , just a couple cars parked at parking . Saw no people while hike for 15-20 minutes . Its was really beautiful day , a bit of rain in the morning , but it did cleared up . Perch was biting like crazy :) we got quite a few , me and my bud limited out , keeping just "really big ones" . Tons of fun , but after wind picked up and we packed and headed to Lafarge .

Lafarge looked pretty empty too , couple people here and there , but compared to Rice it was empty :D . 3 of us start trying all different stuff , nothing did work , including fly fishing . The only fish I saw landed (but my bud told me it was 2 fishes , cuz 2 guy got 1 too , but I noticed only 1 , cuz I was retying my setup) was right when we got to the lake . Wind was pretty annoying , we moved couple times , but still nothing . My bud talked to a guy , who was cruising around in his kayak flyfishing in a middle , but he said he had no luck today and yesterday . All the other people we talked to said the same ...

TimL

Re: Belcarra perch / Lafarge 27th march
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 07:03:31 PM »

Was Lafarge stocked over the weekend? I didn't see the updates on the website. Fishing was pretty hot there 2 weeks ago.

Glad the surf perch saved the day again  :D Trying for flounder tomorrow at a nearby spot but may end up going for perch instead if the flatties aren't biting.