Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Beautiful Day To Be On Any River  (Read 2727 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
A Beautiful Day To Be On Any River
« on: February 24, 2006, 11:14:08 AM »

A very brief report this morning as was only able to be out for a hour on the Vedder River. The highlight of the day was that it was just beautiful out this morning, a little crisp but a beautiful sunrise to add to the pleasure to be outdoors. I spent more time snapping a few pictures than fishing.

Fishing seemed a bit slow as only saw one being packed out. Packed was the word as well  as anglers everywhere which you can not blame them to be out on such a lovely day, can Spring be far away?

Had to be home to help look after the grandsons but hope to get out later as water conditions are perfect there has to be a fish there somewhere for me as  I have not had one to the beach for two days now. ???
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 11:24:33 AM by Rodney »

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
Re: A Beautiful Day To Be On Any River
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 12:23:46 PM »

those are some great pics Chris!!!!!!  two more days of work and I am going to put the Canuck Drennen back to work !!!  ;D ;D ;D

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

timbo

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 02:02:25 PM »

Chris, your killin me.... A whole 2 days with out a beached fish???  :o.   Ok just bugging you as I've been out over 15 times this season and yet to have one to the beach.

Love the report...keep em coming.

Tim

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 04:17:29 PM »

The Make Belief drennan has lost it's mojo  ;)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 05:54:03 PM »

sweet pics..thx for the report
weeeeeeeeeow!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 07:48:44 PM »

Looking after grandsons turned into nearly a whole day event but that was OK as had lots of fun with them except changing a messy diaper. :o I had forgotten what that was like. ::)

I will look forward to the day when I can take them out fishing which of course will begin with pike minnows. This I found is a great way to get youngsters interested in fishing as they get lots of action and it grows from there. ;D

I got out for 45 minutes and found two other anglers at the run but there was lots of room to move around. The sunset was as refreshing as the sunrise this morning in the photo's above. I forgot the camera at home so could not shoot the scene tonight.

Water condition were perfect and no wind so should be a good day for the weekend anglers tomorrow.

I started with straight steelhead roe for a while then switched to a prawn tail. I was fishing between the two anglers who were fence posting so I moved above and below them as I worked the run.

I had just slipped below the bottom chap and I heard the sound,swoosh of a hook set and the bottom fellow is fighting a fish. ;D As there was no where for him to land it I said to him" come down past me and land it on the gravel bar below us." The angler does this and in the approaching darkness I see him land a nice bright fish that I believe was a doe, maybe 10 pounds. I fished the next 20 minutes without success but it certainly was a beautiful day to be out on the Vedder even though I only fished about 2 hours today but tomorrow is another day I hope it stays as nice.

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2006, 08:14:38 PM »

Chris can I expect to see you out tomorrow?
Actions speak louder than words.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006, 06:14:46 AM »

Chris can I expect to see you out tomorrow?
Not sure how much fishing I will do as out on river patrol, empty garbage bags etc..