Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A day cuttys and cows - June 21  (Read 1580 times)

Jonny 5

• Old Timer
  • Almost the holiest fisher that ever was!
A day cuttys and cows - June 21
« on: June 22, 2007, 09:13:53 AM »

Hello fishers, heres a few photos from a fishing trip (maybe yesterday but I'll never admit to skipping studying for fishing)  ::)

Started off in calgary at about 9:20 and drove south and west for about 2 hours to get to this little river.  On the way we ran it to a herd of mountain sheep.  Look pretty silly with their coats falling off.  This is the closest I have seen these guys.  I could have touched one of them but decided not to.  I heard they can give a pretty bad headbutt.

Anyways, geared up and on the river about 11:30.  We were fishing a foam hopper bich thingee (a huge foam golden stonefly) on top, a golden stone nymph on a dropper, and I fished a pheasant tail further down the dropper.  The river was nice and refreshing.  Cold and clear.  A bit high in some spots to wade, but generally only half way to the knees.

My first fish of the day came in about 5 casts.  A 15 inch chunky little cutt.

That was deceiving as the fishing today was pretty slow.  The water was really cold, and the hatches never really got going until about 3:00.  Here's my buddy Mark with his first fish of the day.  I had to get a photo because I was up to about 10 fish before he got his, and he was getting a bit grumpy.  ::)  A little cutty about 12 inches.... Nope, maybe 11.  ;D

Another nice one.  Actually, lots of nice looking fish were caught.  Some on the dry, some on the dropper.  The biggest of the day was 18, but the big ones start to look funny.

This is the unamed creek that runs in.  Last year I hike up it and fished a large pool full of nice cutties.  Yesterday there was no time as we had to be out before sunset.

One last cutty.  And a whitefish!?  :o

The long walk back.  Only 3km, but soooo tired after 7 hours of fishing and walking on the river.

younggun

• Old Timer
Re: A day cuttys and cows - June 21
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 10:19:04 AM »

very cool, can u say prestine. 
Fish killer 101

BladeKid

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 10:20:02 AM »

Awesome report and great pics!!! Now you've got me even more excited for when I go to Alberta this summer for two weeks. I plan to fish the Bow River alot.

Zpg

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 12:06:32 PM »

Great report. Thanks for the great photo's and WTG ont he nice cutties!
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 03:40:52 PM »

Awsome reoprt and pics as usual. I was actually down your way last weekend but didn't bring any gear with me due to the high water.
Actions speak louder than words.

Yopesco

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 04:07:58 PM »

Seems that you're having fun too. Got the goodies today, THANK YOU!!!! Say hi to Mark.

Yopesco

:)

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 09:55:51 PM »

Very nice to have a refreshing change from the usual local reports.  Nice looking area - thanks for sharing.

derdywaders

• Nature teaches more than She preaches.
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 08:12:04 PM »

nicely detailed report, and great pics along with it...thanks for sharing that day with us! ;D
Today's menu cosists of two items: Take it, or leave it.... So what can I get you?