Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2016 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 208412 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

It's much more safer to hunt for floats after the water level drops to normal range.

Be careful on the banks of a blown river - you might fall in and a krocodile could get you.
You wait until then and I will have them all. ;D

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer

I'm glad I went elsewhere...

DanL

• Old Timer

Water has cleared up nicely from yesterday's blowout. We should be back in business.

NothingToSnagAbout

You guys still finding coho in the lower or is it chum central? Haven't been out in a couple of weeks, gonna try and get out there on Sunday

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.

Can someone post a link to the water graph. I used to have it but not showing for me anymore. Thanks.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

You guys still finding coho in the lower or is it chum central? Haven't been out in a couple of weeks, gonna try and get out there on Sunday

Literally void of coho. Please fish upstream. :o

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

The best of the coho season is now over in the Chilliwack Vedder.

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?

in case you still want to fish for coho( now that the coho season is over  :o  ) the river was looking excellent this morning......good color/ visibilty and the sun came out as well. But as chris was saying....lots of chum to be had.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

in case you still want to fish for coho( now that the coho season is over  :o  ) the river was looking excellent this morning......good color/ visibilty and the sun came out as well. But as chris was saying....lots of chum to be had.
Yes I never hooked a coho this week in the Vedder, today I went to the other side of the river but not a bite. Spent most of the day visiting and filming at the Weaver and Chehalis Hatchery as well some other areas.

Nicolas The Fisherman

The best of the coho season is now over in the Chilliwack Vedder.

I agree . Nothing but chum again for me this morning . Haven't had any coho action since around the 22nd or 23rd . The "hot spot" may not be so hot after all  ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

It's a hot dog spot.

Coho will be on the bank tomorrow! ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

I think the chum salmon season is over now, didn't get any this morning, but coho... ;)

Water condition is still very good.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 12:53:38 PM by Rodney »

Rieber

• Old Timer

Very nice Rod but too much blood, too much gore  :P - Halloween fish? No - I'm just jealous.

I have a question about the length you estimate that Coho was in fresh water. I see the nose is a little weathered and the tail has lost its shine and the fins are starting to get clouded. The overall shape looks very good and I would have taken that one without a second thought but I am curious as to what those in the know would say regarding the time it's been in the fresh water since returning.