Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harrison R. - October 22nd onwards  (Read 6084 times)

Morty

Harrison R. - October 22nd onwards
« on: October 25, 2011, 10:51:01 PM »

No reports from the Harrison area?  Doesn't anybody fish over there any more?
My boat trailer lisence runs out on November 1st and I'd like a reaso to get it out one more time before the tarp goes on.
"What are YOU going to DO about the salmon crisis?"

DionJL

• Old Timer
Re: Harrison R. - October 22nd onwards
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 11:29:12 PM »

You need a report to encourage you to take your boat out and go fishing? Sorry, but that is pathetic.

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 09:28:51 AM »

wow! good to see I'm not the only grumpy one today Dion! lmao.
Fish on!

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 09:51:13 AM »

No reports from the Harrison area?  Doesn't anybody fish over there any more?
My boat trailer lisence runs out on November 1st and I'd like a reaso to get it out one more time before the tarp goes on.

The Harrison has been fishing hot hot hot!!!
Lots of willing coho there mixed in with the not so many chum this year.

The masses have stayed away, so its fantastic fishing for those who decide to fish it.

There...good enough?
You can take your boat out one more time now. ;D

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 10:36:46 AM »

wow! good to see I'm not the only grumpy one today Dion! lmao.

I'm sorry, but this is the exact attitude that gives this forum and all other fishing forums a bad rap. Lazy people fishing for information rather than just going out and fishing for fish. If spending your day on the water in your boat fishing is such a waste of a day if you don't catch fish, then maybe you've chosen the wrong hobby.

FreshyPT

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 11:04:53 AM »

If spending your day on the water in your boat fishing is such a waste of a day if you don't catch fish, then maybe you've chosen the wrong hobby.

Keep preaching it to the meat-getters :)
I like Milo's response. Maybe my local fishing spots will free up a bit now so I can peacefully chat with my friends while watching for dips from my rod!

If heading up to the Harrison River grab your trout gear and visit some of the local lakes.
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.
~ Just Keep Fishing ~

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 11:16:06 AM »

With the price of gas I don't blame Morty and others for asking for a report before towing your boat to the river.

jizza

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 11:20:11 AM »

With the price of gas I don't blame Morty and others for asking for a report before towing your boat to the river.
yup sometimes you gotta see if it's worth it to go out. If I wanna go out and test the fishing i'll go somewhere close.

ICA

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 11:25:05 AM »

Listen fellas, if someone is asking for a report on a certain location before making a decision, it doesn't necessarily mean that he is lazy, but rather tapping on the generosity of those who would be willing to HELP. As it has been pointed out, with the price of gas, towing a boat out to the river is a major expense, and so very reasonable to try and make the best use of resources by making an informed decision. So, if you are not willing to help with a report, then that's okay, but don't start making judgment calls. Is it so wrong to ask for advice through reports since this forum is meant to make the whole sport of fishing more educational and fun? ;D ;D

FreshyPT

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 11:57:46 AM »

So, if you are not willing to help with a report, then that's okay, but don't start making judgment calls.

I sincerely meant my first post to be good and not judgemental. Like food bills, my gas bills add up as a result of wanting to enjoy my hobbies. I have been lurking on this forum and have read where DionJL's post are fully justified. I apologize to the original poster and readers for any poor remarks.

My statement regarding trout fishing is valid. I spent a recent weekend camp at Hicks Lake. On an inflatable boat the lake produced 3 trouts caught on a black, olive-yellow jig. Fishing and cozying by a fire made me forget my work week.

I hope your boat ride does the same!
Cheers.
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.
~ Just Keep Fishing ~

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 12:08:28 PM »

Some people don't get it.

Ever heard the 'you should have been here yesterday' line?
A river/lake that is hot today might be dead tomorrow, and vice-versa.

One should never rely on a fishing report to make a decision of whether to fish an area or not.
Except for the part concerning water levels and clarity.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 12:25:10 PM »

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

I don't see a problem in asking for a report!  I also see no problem in not responding.

Morty

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 02:50:56 PM »

Maybe he was just trying to get some reports on waters other than: Chilliwack, Stave, and Tidal Fraser?

BTW Milo - Love your report ;-)   I've certainly had my share of "shoulda been here yesterday" experiences.  They happen in snow skiing as well.   
"What are YOU going to DO about the salmon crisis?"

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 08:54:20 PM »

I was up on Friday for a big Voyager canoe trip from the Hot Springs down to Kilby, and while I did not get to fish from the canoes, I got see fish all the way down.  A lot of old springs still showing, tons of red sockeye up around the mouth of Morris Creek, but only a few fresh chum showing themselves.  I did not see many coho myself, but there were a few risers that could have been fresh coho.  I did wet my line at about 4pm under the rail bridge but did not get a hit down there.  Had much better luck at the Stave the following Sunday, a nice little jack coho and a few chum.
Not all those who wander are lost

Fisherama

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2011, 09:52:53 PM »

Don't think you'll be disappointed if you make the trip.  I think it is hit or miss with coho though...  We took the boat out last Sunday and although it was an apparently slow day we still managed a few on the fly.