Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New CO's hitting the flow  (Read 3719 times)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
New CO's hitting the flow
« on: October 10, 2008, 10:56:42 AM »

Well the 2 new CO's in Maple Ridge are hitting the local flows hard already. After reports of people poaching springs because they where to lazy to read the regs, the new CO's are now out in force hitting all the popular spots. Apparently they love to take gear as well as give a fine   . The best part is since I am on these flows almost daily I now have their cell number and have been told to phone them directly instead of the RAPP line, this way the will respond within minutes.   

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

testo84

• officially a hardware addict
Re: New CO's hitting the flow
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 10:59:50 AM »

oh yes
you are right
i saw them yesterday on the vedder couple familiar faces but seriously i am speechless
now poachers will be more aware than ever ?
its like you are giving information to them ? that some undercovers working on the flow ???

just my 1 cent
hardware == fish

Froodogga

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 11:10:02 AM »

I think its good to publish to "everyone" that they  (the COs) are out there.  When you hear about a speed trap the cops have set up, do you continue to speed through it?   8) 

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 11:15:16 AM »

Well they need all the help they can get to make it as tough as possible for those that are breaking the regs. 2 fishermen got fined yesterday afternoon. One was for not having his barb pinched all the way. I am glad that these 2 are going to make it tough on those that break the regs. I have been fishing this particular flow for 30 years and after seeing what I saw last year I have had enough of watching the gong show. I will now just place a call and wait around for them too show up. Hopefully people will start to get the message that their kind of fishing is not accepted.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 11:15:23 AM »

I think fly_guy is talking about the 2 CO visiting Stave?

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 11:17:04 AM »

Yup the stave, Alouette and Kanaka.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 11:31:51 AM »

Hopefully they cover the Coquitlam too. I've seen a fair bit of illegal activity on that river.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 01:14:32 PM »

I think its good to publish to "everyone" that they  (the COs) are out there.  When you hear about a speed trap the cops have set up, do you continue to speed through it?   8) 
Yep as it helps people from breaking the law if they know there is officiers watching, There is 3 working the Vedder as I type this. ;D ;D

Some posts over the years complain they never see officiers around well they are there and so am I and many others. ;D

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 02:09:44 PM »

Well the 2 new CO's in Maple Ridge are hitting the local flows hard already. After reports of people poaching springs because they where to lazy to read the regs, the new CO's are now out in force hitting all the popular spots. Apparently they love to take gear as well as give a fine   . The best part is since I am on these flows almost daily I now have their cell number and have been told to phone them directly instead of the RAPP line, this way the will respond within minutes.   

Hey can I have their number? All the times I called the RAPP line last year resulted in no CO's showing up...

could you email me at nicole@dotaku.com

Thanks!
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

glx

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 04:01:15 PM »

Remember CO's can not be everywhere at once and they have other responsibilities other than enforcing fishing regulations.  I think there are lots of people who do not know this. 

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 06:16:57 PM »

Remember CO's can not be everywhere at once and they have other responsibilities other than enforcing fishing regulations.  I think there are lots of people who do not know this. 

Especially right now with all the problem bears. There is a mom and 2 cubs living a block from my house in a field covered with fruit trees. Once the fruit is gone they will go down the road and fatten up on fish.

glycine

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 10:42:19 PM »

i hope the new COs have more knowledge than their co-workers.
i know a CO who gave a tickets to my friend at fraser because of  3 of his pinks(last year's fraser pink limit was 4).
i heard another CO who gave a tickets for treble hooks at cates park(in the ocean fishing, treble hooks are ok as long as the barb are removed).

i heard one of the ticket was canceled.

however, my friend ticketed at fraser had lots of stress. eventually, he quit fishing. 

i dont know next story about cates angler.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 10:50:22 PM by glycine »

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 10:42:42 PM »

Too funny ,we have a Bear thats been hanging around the neighbourhood.
He crapped on my lawn one night.
Glad to hear there is more local enforcement.

boscheefish

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2008, 12:36:52 AM »

i was just wondering what you mean by poaching, what exactly are these people doing
long live the vedder

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2008, 08:46:29 AM »

Retaining fish that are not aloud to be retained. The river they are poaching in there is no retention on chinook or chum but you may retain one hatchery coho per day.