Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: wellington point park dock  (Read 5543 times)

bsmcrosseyed

wellington point park dock
« on: April 12, 2013, 10:23:43 PM »

Has anyone fished off this dock in Ladner? If so, how is it?

c-pin

Re: wellington point park dock
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 08:53:38 AM »

I would'nt fish off this dock. It's a bit rickety.

If you want a shore fishing spot, keep driving down River Road, and you will find some nice spots.

John
Wild Salmon are like Wild Women .... Fun to Catch and Mighty Tasty

bsmcrosseyed

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 11:03:43 PM »

Thanks for the tip!

noobfisher

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 09:55:18 PM »

I haven't noticed it being rickety.  Last year though I noticed a lot of vandalism with boards spray painted.  There are also some regulars that fish there for sturgeon who drink beer, smoke pot, leave lots of garbage and gouge huge holes into the boards to rest there rods. After that I don't go there anymore, not my kind of company. 

bcguy

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 09:53:19 AM »

I haven't noticed it being rickety.  Last year though I noticed a lot of vandalism with boards spray painted.  There are also some regulars that fish there for sturgeon who drink beer, smoke pot, leave lots of garbage and gouge huge holes into the boards to rest there rods. After that I don't go there anymore, not my kind of company.

...Wait..a...minute...there are some people that drink beer while fishing????!?!? WTF!?!? When did this start?  ;)
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

noobfisher

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 10:51:07 AM »

I have no problem with someone enjoying a discrete beer on a nice day.  But I get tired of picking up dozens of cans and bottles thrown around the dock with music blaring from a stereo.  These aren't sportsman just a bunch of littering vandals that give fisherman that use that dock a bad reputation.  Maybe you have a higher tolerance than I do.

c-pin

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 12:31:43 PM »

I am at Wellington Point Park 4 days out of every 8.The end of the dock is (was) submerged in the water last time I was there last week. It was also listing to one side slightly. It has been that way for a couple of years. It is a much used boat ramp, and as such takes a bit of a beating over the course of a season.
Wild Salmon are like Wild Women .... Fun to Catch and Mighty Tasty

Bandit420

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 12:38:40 PM »

I am at Wellington Point Park 4 days out of every 8.The end of the dock is (was) submerged in the water last time I was there last week. It was also listing to one side slightly. It has been that way for a couple of years. It is a much used boat ramp, and as such takes a bit of a beating over the course of a season.

that dock is a horrible place to fish for sturgeon. i see people trying to land big fish on that dock only to have them wrap around the dock posts. i have never seen anyone land a big fish on that dock because it is impossible. fishing for sturgeon there is irresponsible angling because the fish almost always wrap themselves areound the dock pillars. i wander how many dead sturgeon are hooked to those pillars?
If you're not fishing, you're not living!

noobfisher

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 02:58:16 PM »

I agree and don't like the idea of fishing for sturgeon there, that is who the group I'm referring to are targeting. I have only gone there for bullheads to pass the day.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 03:25:42 PM »

I have no problem with someone enjoying a discrete beer on a nice day.  But I get tired of picking up dozens of cans and bottles thrown around the dock with music blaring from a stereo.  These aren't sportsman just a bunch of littering vandals that give fisherman that use that dock a bad reputation.  Maybe you have a higher tolerance than I do.

X2