Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vancouver Harbour fishing  (Read 2813 times)

joshuag232

Vancouver Harbour fishing
« on: March 29, 2013, 05:41:22 AM »

Hey all, last summer I found a nice spot to fish just around the corner from the Waterfront skytrain station. I assumed it was legal because it was across from Stanley Park. I know that the seawall is open to recreational fisherman so I gave it a shot. The fishing was great and I limited out on surfperch. Later on someone approached me and said fishing was not allowed in that spot. Does anybody know off the top of their head if it is legal to fish within Vancouver Harbour?

Also, does anybody from this forum do any local saltwater fishing? I don't see the topic discussed very often, especially not lately. I would love to hear about people's experience and/or advice on the topic.

Thanks,
Josh
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 05:46:21 AM by joshuag232 »

fish bonk

Re: Vancouver Harbour fishing
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 11:33:31 PM »

It is closed to all fishing between the two bridges. Do to the fact you are in a shipping lane.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 11:42:04 PM »

It is closed for crabbing, shrimping and prawning between the two bridges to avoid conflicts with navigational activity in the harbour according to Area 28's regulations, but I am not aware of any finfishing closures, not from shore anyway. Perhaps those who fish from a boat regularly in Area 28 can comment on that.

KingOfEastVan

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 05:44:40 PM »

Fishing from shore only in sub area 28-10. You may have been fishing from private property. Plenty of funny closures and restrictions, be sure to check regs.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/a-s28-eng.html
I am the King of East Van, and I approve of this message.