Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Canada World Cup Soccer Qualifier  (Read 6685 times)

Bantam_50

Canada World Cup Soccer Qualifier
« on: August 18, 2004, 11:53:16 PM »

My son and I were at the game. Disappointing show by Canada overall. Guatemala's keeper played brilliant, Canada's D got caught napping on both goals and they missed Radzinski upfront, as Peschisolido look extremely flat. The referee was brutal and surprisingly I'd have to say that they was a 50/50 split crowd rooting for both sides. It's Canada and we couldn't fill the stadium with supporters.  :(

But an enjoyable game. Next Costa Rica in October.  ;)

« Last Edit: August 18, 2004, 11:53:47 PM by Bantam_50 »

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
Re:Canada World Cup Soccer Qualifier
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2004, 08:00:40 AM »

Maybe someone should advertise these things.  I don't think anyone outside the inner soccer world even knew about the game.  We certainly don't generate any enthusiasm over this sport.  Sad when you think that it's is amoung the most popular sport in Canada.

Joe Fish

• Here fishy, fishy!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 12:18:11 AM »

Bantam-50, will see you there in October!  My son and I got tix for it.  Should be a good game.  This Saturday (Sept. 4) on Sportsnet Pacific (Channel 22 where I live) at 6pm, it's Canada vs. Honduras (game will be played in Edmonton, should be a more pro-Canadian crowd there).

Go, Canada, Go!

The Gilly

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 08:06:50 AM »

Watched to game in Edmonton.  The Ref should lose his licence.  Canada's second goal should have counted.  The player that "died" should be disqualified from international competition.  If FIFA would get tough on the diving the games would be much better and obviously cleaner.  Canada got screwed by a bad if not biased ref.

The Gilly

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 08:12:41 AM »

Costa Rica game will be tape delayed and played at 11:00 PM.

Joe Fish

• Here fishy, fishy!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 05:25:49 PM »

grumman,

I agree, disgraceful refereeing.  The game was clearly won, the goal should have stood.

Costa Rica game tonight at 11 pm on Sportsnet should be good.  Costa Rica has been choking worse than Beckham on penalty kicks during this World Cup qualifying round!  If the refs stay "impartial"  (yeah, like that's ever going to happen) we've got a really good chance.