Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Slip Sliding Away  (Read 5208 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Slip Sliding Away
« on: January 21, 2008, 09:26:59 PM »

Another loss for the boys from the team from Vancouver, it now looks like the high hopes of many has disappeared off the radar screen. ;D ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Slip Sliding Away
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 09:32:02 PM »

I'm glad you're following the fortunes of Canada's team Chris.  Unlike the Leafs, the wheels have not totally fallen off the Canuck bandwagon. They're wobbling at present.... ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 09:41:32 PM »

we suck, im taking out brenden morrison on the allstar break cant wait hopefully his wrist is better bye then!!!

Why wait til the All Star break ? It's not as if he's playing right now. ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 10:28:03 PM »

cause he has time off then plus he cant now cause he has a cast on his right arm 8) 8) oh well should be an interesting day on the river :o ;D

Make sure he is using a Maple Leaf Drennan. ;D ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 11:17:19 PM »

Unlike the Leafs, the wheels have not totally fallen off the Canuck bandwagon. They're wobbling at present.... ;D ;D
1 win in 7 sounds like 4 flats. ;D ;D ;D

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 05:35:20 AM »

Unlike the Leafs, the wheels have not totally fallen off the Canuck bandwagon. They're wobbling at present.... ;D ;D
1 win in 7 sounds like 4 flats. ;D ;D ;D

well to be fair Chris....that cannots-mobile only has 3 wheels.... :D :D :D

mojo ;D
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 07:28:57 AM »

I found the forth one but it's taking a while to put on but should be ready by next game ;D
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

tortuga

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 09:03:56 AM »

Gadsen you're not proving that Canucks fans are wrong. No one said we were 'rollin' rollin' on our way to the cup'.
You did. The Canucks are playin like crap and our fans will admit it. We suck. Now let's hear you be realistic about your team.
Or are you gonna argue like a kid in a playground ?

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 10:17:41 AM »

Gadsen you're not proving that Canucks fans are wrong. No one said we were 'rollin' rollin' on our way to the cup'.
You did. The Canucks are playin like crap and our fans will admit it. We suck. Now let's hear you be realistic about your team.

whoa there lil' fella....all that has been posted since Oct is the 'Nuks winnin' the cup( Bingo Bango Louongo the "god")...'till this recent skid....now its all about gettin' Sundin at the deadline....lol...we'll glady gut your team of the "few" capable players you have,...and resign Sundin after you fail to make the finals...oh...btw...JFJ has, according to TSN, been sacked....so is it gonna be Fletcher to undo this mess the Leafs are in??...or will Scotty step up in competition??....Fletcher has said he wants the reigns to the team with no interference from the money-men....Scotty wanted the same....guess we'll find out shortly... ;D

mojo knows Nassy and Sundin would be a deadly pairing
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 10:56:21 AM »

This is where a number of us have a little fun and I donot think any of us take it too serious. I always look forward to some good fun especially with Fish Assassin, as well as The Roe Kid, dereke, mastercaster, steely, bbronswyk2000 and others.

If I have come across as being too serious I apologize.

As I have said many times in the whole scheme of things the outcome of sports games is not that important when you compare it to other events we all face during our lives.

However saying all that I still love The Leafs and look forward to a win over The Capitals on Wednesday, be there, 4:30 on TSN. ;D ;D

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 12:40:45 PM »

and as was reported...Fletcher runs the Leafs(after Peddie....GRRRRRRRRR)

mojo

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 01:59:04 PM »

Leafs Suck and the Canucks are just resting. They are going at about 75% right now including Luongo. They are just resting so that from next month on they can go at 110% and win the West!!!

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 02:00:02 PM »

mojo

The more things change, the more they stay the same.   What can Fletcher do for them at this point with Peddie still at the helm?  They should have gotten rid of Maurice, as well.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 06:19:57 PM »

mojo

The more things change, the more they stay the same.   What can Fletcher do for them at this point with Peddie still at the helm?  They should have gotten rid of Maurice, as well.

nope...PM will be ok....Fletcher just took the heat off....and will be a fun ride.... ;D

mojo

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 06:31:30 PM »

Sure will, starting tomorrow night. ;D ;D