Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: deer lake bass  (Read 5681 times)

Bassonator

• Old Timer
Re: deer lake bass
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2013, 08:45:30 PM »

Move back East where Bass is an actual species that has respect. Here on the West coast, they are a destructive species invading our lakes and river systems displacing our cherished native trout and salmon. Clubs like this that promote this destructive species and in some cases transplant live bass into certain waterways to provide a Bass fishery should be banned. Yuck  >:(

Wow....who pissed in his corn flakes.
Take the T out of Morton.

noxcape

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2013, 10:01:37 PM »

That's what I'd like to know I'm allowed to fish for what ever I want to in bass you jackass wow grow up man

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2013, 10:15:41 PM »

wow grow up man

Says the guy who insults others who he can't win an argument with.

noxcape

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2013, 10:28:08 PM »

Wtf wow so what I fish for bass who gives a crap I also fish for salmon and trout also get over it

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2013, 10:46:19 PM »

you're the best a bass club can come up for a president to lobby your cause? gotta wonder what the average iq of the membership is.

Quin

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2013, 10:57:50 PM »

"Clubs like this that promote this destructive species and in some cases transplant live bass into certain waterways to provide a Bass fishery should be banned."

If you, or anyone has information, on any individual(s) or club that is transplanting/or promoting the transplanting of fish of any species please contact the proper authorities.

As a W.C.B.A. member, I have never once heard of any member transplanting any fish species and would not hesitate to notify the authorities if I had, and the club would not stand for that sort of behavior.

Let's leave the insults out, please.

Quin

noxcape

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2013, 11:02:17 PM »

Thanks Quin

And FYI my iq must be pretty high becuase I'm not about to getting in a pissing match thanks have a merry Christmas
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 11:13:04 PM by noxcape »

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2013, 11:03:56 PM »

And FYI my iq busy be pretty high becuase I'm not about to getting in a pissing match thanks have a merry Christmas

Can the hole get any deeper?

noxcape

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2013, 11:12:37 PM »

Yes becuase you are a big hole have a great Christmas man you really should get off the computer and get out and go fishing ;)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2013, 11:20:38 PM »

Move back East where Bass is an actual species that has respect. Here on the West coast, they are a destructive species invading our lakes and river systems displacing our cherished native trout and salmon.:(

is there any evidence this is true? Little if any. In most cases the bass don't even do that well. In some cases such as smallmouths on some Island lakes - the bass co-exist well with native sport fish. Some amphibians and endangered non-sport fish may be at risk but best evidence is bass of either species don't feed on salmonids on anything but an incidental basis and tend to exploit different environmental niches. Still illegal introductions are risky - introduced perch are causing issues in many parts of the province and we can never know when serious impacts will occur.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

sbc hris

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2013, 12:56:54 AM »

I have a hunch that in our cooler waters, the salmonids eat more bass than the other way around. The bass probably compete for a niche with coarse fish a lot more than they do with salmon and trout.  Of course I have no scientific evidence to back this up, but the Bass have been around for quite a while now, and I've never heard of them taking any serious toll on the salmonid population. Bass=food for our preffered species in these colder waters where they grow slower than the salmonids that inhabit the same water as them. People just love to hate bass  :o

For example: Silvermere lake is full of bass, and they have a DIRECT path into the Stave river, then of course the Fraser, where they are not a prominent species, and seldom caught.  The water is too cold for them to survive and flourish, so their population stays in check. On top of this, they occupy the same niche as the pikeminnow, so really the salmonid population will remain relatively steady, and the ratio of bass to pikeminnow MAY fluctuate some. Of course if we are talking lakes that were purely trout stock to begin with, then a waterbody can only sustain so many fish, and the bass will balance out the trout population, but probably not eradicate it. Most of these lakes were stocked to begin with, so although annoying, we are not losing many wild trout stocks either.

I do not in any way condone the transport or transplant of ANY invasive species, and I would not hesitate for a second to call in someone who was doing so, but some people need to untangle their underpants and go catch some fish ;)  They're here now and likely not going anywhere, might as well get some enjoyment out of them, rather than have them ruin your day.