Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Platypus fishing line  (Read 2841 times)

scheng53

Platypus fishing line
« on: October 31, 2012, 06:04:03 PM »

Has anyone tried this line before?  how are they and where can i get it?? 
never seen it before

Thx

noxcape

Re: Platypus fishing line
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 12:36:49 AM »

I've being using it for a couple years now great line i use it on my bass rods and my salmon rods to find out where to get it look up Skaha he is on this site ad for those of you who haven't I'd try it out and also Try the braid really good stuff

mzmann

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 08:45:25 AM »

use it myself on a couple rods as well and quite like it....can order/get via Lyman Lures out of Kelowna.
Wishin I was fishin!! :)

scheng53

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 09:53:40 AM »

weired... can't seem to find "Skaha" on the forum?? 

Easywater

• Old Timer

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 11:27:41 AM »

--have sent you a PM
--I import Platypus and rep for several manufacturers...no direct retail sales.. I will ship to a sports shop of your choice.
--I use the line myself but always willing to try and compare with other lines so I use DAM and of course the BC standard UG .
--General advantages of the line is that it is significantly smaller diameter for the # test. This allows for less drag... important for ultralite lures and downrigger trolling,

-- The owner of Lyman lures recommends using super 100 with his wooden plugs and carries the recommended sizes on their site. A few pictures of Colin on his site with Okanagan rainbows caught his lures, my line... Will be fishing Okanagan the rainbows over 10 lbs.. this is prime season now till spring as they are near the surface for long line use of Lyman lures and bucktails is common method used.
--I'd say it will fill a niche... it is IGFA rated and can even get pre-tested line for those who require it.
--You can just click on the advert on this forum and it will direct you to the Platypus web site in Australia. Platypus manufactures their own line as well as other private label lines...
--the only line they do not make in house is the stealth fluorocarbon which is contracted to a Japanese manufacturer to Platypus specifications.

Dogbreath

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 07:53:56 PM »

So which stores carry this paragon of fishing line-eh?!

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 10:27:07 PM »

--troutwaters fly&tackle and Lyman's internet sales both in kelowna.

--Paragon might be a little lofty description but it is a quality line.. I'd have to say .... those who like it, like it a lot.
--It is popular in Europe and of course Australia. For those that are into it several IGFA record fish have been caught using the lline.
--I just like dealing with a company that when you call with a question it is often the Owner who will answer. The factory is still in Australia and the family that founded it in 1898 over 100 years ago still owns and runs it.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJx9uN1mRVg&feature=plcp  platypus line & Lyman plug
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 08:20:07 AM by skaha »