Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mustang Survival HIT Inflatable PFD Safety Alert  (Read 1070 times)

scouterjames

• Old Timer
Mustang Survival HIT Inflatable PFD Safety Alert
« on: November 29, 2014, 02:14:43 PM »

(I know it's not NEW info, but just the same.....) Just saw this - thought I'd post for anyone with the vest...

http://www.mustangsurvival.com/sites/default/files/pdf/Mustang%20Survival%20HIT%20Inflatable%20PFD%20Safety%20Advisory%20-%20CAN%20Consumer%20ALERT%2004Sept2012.pdf

Mustang Survival HIT Inflatable PFD Safety Alert

In keeping with Mustang Survival’s commitment to the highest levels of quality and safety, we are notifying the public of an urgent advisory for specific Hydrostatic (H.I.T.) inflatable PFDs manufactured during April and May of 2012. A portion of these PFDs may be subject to delayed or non-inflations. To determine if you are impacted by this precautionary advisory please reference the instructions below.

The following Mustang Survival products are affected:
 MA7214 HIT inflatable re-arm kit
 MD3153 Deluxe Inflatable PFD with HIT
 MD3154 Deluxe Inflatable PFD with HIT (with harness)
 MD3157 Inflatable Work Vest with HIT

Step 1: Does your PFD or re-arm kit have a round orange Hammar HIT inflator?
If yes proceed to Step 2. For re-arm kits only, please skip to Step 6

For Steps 2 through 4, please refer to the sewn approval label on your PFD.
Step 2: If your product is marked Made in Canada proceed to step 3
Step 3: Look for MDxxxx model number on the approval label. If it matches one of the model numbers listed above proceed to Step 4
Step 4: If the MFG DATE is Apr2012 or May2012 proceed to step 5

If you answer NO to any of steps 1-4, your PFD is OK and not part of this advisory. If your PFD is on the list of models above and was Made in Canada during April or May of 2012 then proceed to Step 5.

Step 5: If you have answered YES to all of the steps above, you will now need to look for a LOT# on the CO2 cylinder that resides within the bladder. This number can be seen through the yellow bladder fabric.
 Manually unpack your PFD by opening the zippers and unfolding your PFD.
 Find the CO2 cylinder that is attached to the round inflator.
 Press the yellow bladder fabric against the cylinder to read the label.
 The Lot number can be clearly identified through the fabric

Step 6: if your CO2 cylinder is marked with LOT# 404121 or 404122 please contact our customer service group immediately at 1-800-526-0532 for further instructions and to arrange for a replacement inflator assembly. If your CO2 cylinder is not marked with LOT#404121 or 404122, it is OK and you can repack your PFD for use.

Mustang Survival appreciates your attention to this important matter. For further assistance, information, user manuals and instructions, please visit www.mustangsurvival.com/HIT or call Customer Service at 1-800-526-0532.
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
Re: Mustang Survival HIT Inflatable PFD Safety Alert
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 05:27:01 PM »

Thanks for posting scouterjames!  I checked mine and I've got a different model.  Thanks again!