Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fawn/Deka lake May 27th-June 2nd  (Read 2461 times)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
Fawn/Deka lake May 27th-June 2nd
« on: June 03, 2007, 07:51:44 PM »

Well it was this time of year again for the_roe_man and I to make our way to the fawn lake area for 4 days of some fishin.

We left a little later than planned and arrived at fawn lake resort late tuesday night around 11. After setting up and sitting around the camp fire I was off to bed anxious for the next morning at deka lake.

May 28th Deka lake:
Again had a late start and woke up around 8:30 ;D Loaded the boat and off we went to deka for some kokanee and lake trout action...hopefully ;) Started out trolling for some kokanee and after an hour or so all we had to the boat was a small rainbow.  Seing there was nothing rising and no signs of kokanee decided to switch spots and put on the laker gear. Right away we found the hot spot and were quickly into lake trout after lake trout.
after a few hours of that we decided to head back to fawn for some lake trout dinner. After eating dinner I went out for an hour before dark hopeing to get into a few trout. However only managed one hook up and lost it.

May 29th: Fawn
Made my way out on the lake around 9am and anchored in about 12 feet of water. First cast with my indicator shoots under and right away the energetic trout leaps out of the water. The 16 and a half inch rainbow is then realesed. Fishing was hot till about 4 with myself landing around 10 trout ranging from 13-21 inches. However fishing was not so hot for the_roe_man and I coould see his frustration raging when he heared me yell fish on :D ;D It was then time for a quick nap and a bite to eat and some night time dry fly action.

May 30th: fawn / Deka
 Decided to stay at fawn while pops and the_roe_man went back to deka in search of some kokanee and lakers. Fishing was hot again and from 11 till 3 the bite was on .  Landed many fish in all sizes and bonked a few for dinner. The_roe_man had a hard time with the kokanee at deka once again . He claimed he hooked into one however lost it. Lake trout action was hot once again for them .

June 1st: fawn
It was sad waking up knowing this was our last day fishing up here however was glad I could fish :) Once again fishing was great and the best time being from 11 till 3. I did well and the roe man had some success trolling small shrimp patterns.

All in all it was a great trip with excellent weather. Here are a few pictures. The_roe_man insisted of having a cigar in his mouth everytime there was a photo if that explains anything ;D

« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 08:04:53 PM by THE_ROE_KID »
weeeeeeeeeow!

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
Re: Fawn/Deka lake May 27th-June 2nd
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 08:37:34 PM »

The cigar is okay, but you might want to tell him want to tell him back in Ont we use to call those check shots FOG shorts. Fat Old Greek Shorts since all the fat old Greeks & Italians wore them exclusively. So "If yous awan'ta be acool, while yous atry to be acool, thas okay".
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 09:19:54 PM »

Nice rainbows :)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 09:29:58 PM »

Thanks for the report Tubby!!  :D  Nice Rainbows, and a rather decent read.  Keep it up and we'll see you on the bar in about a month.  Hopefully anyways.  Or at least the Vedder on the first!! ;) ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 09:35:51 PM »

Thanks for the report Tubby!!  :D  Nice Rainbows, and a rather decent read.  Keep it up and we'll see you on the bar in about a month.  Hopefully anyways.  Or at least the Vedder on the first!! ;) ;D

Your hurting my feelings dave :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

;D                       
weeeeeeeeeow!

stinkytroutboy

• stinkytroutboy
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 10:07:07 PM »

The truth hurts roe kid.. ;D
crab cakes

BladeKid

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 10:38:16 PM »

thanks for the report!....finally there is something to read (unlike your 3 liner reports...jk ;)) , glad you got into lots of fish

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 02:13:14 AM »

Sounds like a good Trip  with many fish, But hey where your cigar?  ;D
The Bigger The Better!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 02:32:39 PM »