Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lake fishing made easy.  (Read 2685 times)

acjuve

Rieber

• Old Timer
Re: Lake fishing made easy.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 10:31:26 AM »

Sure - the porta-boats have been around for quite a while now and that latest version looks pretty good. For some people this is the most practical of all solutions. Nice option for a condo or small car owner that needs a boat and float tube isn't a practical option.

What I take from this is the transport wheels. I'll be using that design for a future project.

Thank you for a Friday morning inspiration.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 11:11:54 AM »

I have yet to hear from anyone who used one a didn't didn't like it. The design has been continually  improved and setup now looks like a snap. Price new is $3000 and up. One thing to consider is that carrying capacity is about half of what a similar sized quality inflatable offers.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

DanL

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 11:26:05 AM »

Price new is $3000 and up. One thing to consider is that carrying capacity is about half of what a similar sized quality inflatable offers.

True but you get double the usable interior space  :P

As a serious fishing boat though, you're going to want to add accessories like rod holders, anchor locks, fish finder tranducers, etc. Dont know if you could permanently add Scotty mounts without affecting the 'foldability' or if you'd have to add/remove those every time you set it up and take it down.

$3k too, that's not trivial.

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 10:30:44 PM »

True but you get double the usable interior space  :P

As a serious fishing boat though, you're going to want to add accessories like rod holders, anchor locks, fish finder tranducers, etc. Dont know if you could permanently add Scotty mounts without affecting the 'foldability' or if you'd have to add/remove those every time you set it up and take it down.

$3k too, that's not trivial.

the mounting issue can be solved by 2X4 lumbers. But the $3k price for a sheet of plastic is impossible`

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 05:49:09 PM »

4 sheets of coroplast=$400
2 rolls of duc-tape=$16.00
1 year Premium Life insurance=$278.00
The look on the guys face with the real PortaBote at the boat launch=Priceless.