Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chehalis Jan 8th  (Read 2117 times)

meca_357

Chehalis Jan 8th
« on: January 08, 2006, 05:49:42 PM »

Well i took Biffs advice and went to the chehalis (ps thanks for the input Biff).. well it was my first time fishing the system so i wasn't too familiar with specific spots. I started off by the bridge and slowly worked my way up fishing every pocket my buddy and I could find avoiding those that were already being worked on. Fished several different spots with some nice runs. Found  some submerged boulders which had some depth,and they seemed to be a perfect spot for the steel to hold at. Threw light and dark pink worms (4" and 6") but no takers, some Jensen eggs and wool ties but nothing. We casted several times in the different runs but no hits or no fish to be seen. The water was very clear and the visibility was quite good (maybe too clear for my 15 main i think, I haven't changed it since salmon fishing ended so got to get a 12 lbs on the reel.) Anyways we went on a trek to find more spots and we worked the water we found for several hours, we were thinking to keep going to find more spots but the legs couldn't give'er anymore so we worked down the river in some of the previous spots we had fished. Once again nothing. Talked to several guys and it seemed to be a very slow day as none of the ppl i talked to reported any fish. In all and all it was a good day to be out as the weather cooperated and fished a new system which I'm sure ill return to.. Anyways still waiting for that first steelie I'm 0 for 2 but I'm sure its a matter of casts.. Nevertheless, I hope that those of you who went out today had more success than us....

tight lines

meca

leaping steely

• Old Timer
  • Who goes fishing anymore?
Re: Chehalis Jan 8th
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 06:33:18 PM »

I was out today too. I talked to one lucky fisherman who got a 10 lb. Hatch Steelhead, and that was it. Still a few boot Coho kicking around, that's about it.

meca_357

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 06:56:21 PM »

Lucky guy... how far up were you and the other gent fishing leaping steelie?

leaping steely

• Old Timer
  • Who goes fishing anymore?
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 07:00:54 PM »

I was in the Easter Seal area but I know for a fact that the Steelhead was taken nowhere near where I was. The lucky guy is a regular I believe and knows his spots much better than I do.

meca_357

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 07:10:22 PM »

fair enough... hopefully next weekend... i need someone to split gas with... too expensive to get out there as much as id like to

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 07:50:08 PM »

Thanks for the report meca_357,now you are one day closer to your steelhead,keep it up.In fact today,i heard 1 hatchery 10lber bonked and 2 wild steelies was released at the chehallis. ;)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2006, 10:35:17 PM »

thx for the update
weeeeeeeeeow!

stinkytroutboy

• stinkytroutboy
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 12:18:30 PM »

yah thats very much appreciated