Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015/16 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 299149 times)

Silex-user

Fished the Vedder river this morning. River clear but after lunch it colour up to little the gem greenish shape. Perfect. See my full story on Report page.

Silex-user

Gabo

• Fish On!

Any update on the current water clearity after last nights rain? Thx!

wizard

haven't seen the river today but the graph sure spiked so I would guess it is that lovely clay gray?

Nicolas The Fisherman

Photo taken this AM on the lower.

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !

Thanks for the photo. Called Fred's and no fish weighed in today and I guess fish just can't see through all that muddy water. So tomorrow may be a good bet.

Floater

• Old Timer

Thanks for the photo. Called Fred's and no fish weighed in today and I guess fish just can't see through all that muddy water. So tomorrow may be a good bet.

Johnny Canuck will prove you wrong i feel a picture of a dead hatch half way in murky water coming up!
[

Floater

• Old Timer

Some nice fish were caught but not taken to freds regardless of the conditions, lets hope this rain and higher water sees a nice push of some chrome for the weekend warriors now that being said i hope most of them stay at home  :P
[

Britguy

• Old Timer

I guess fish just can't see through all that muddy water. So tomorrow may be a good bet.

You would be suprised how much they can see in water like that  :o, plus they can still smell in coloured water  ;)

nevertoolate

yesterday i decided to start at the spot down the road going back on the south side, after the Tamihin bridge.  Drove down the road still dark and it looked to be fine.   Halfway there I realized I was basically driving on ice.  Didnt really see what I was into until dawn.  In retrospect I would have never gone down there. Lucky I didnt end up in the ditch.   Anyone driving down there wait till you can see where you are going.

Fished all day. Lots of different places.  Nothing.  But thats my pattern.  Might as well fish in my bathtub, but the views and hiking are way better out on the C/V

Floater

• Old Timer

yesterday i decided to start at the spot down the road going back on the south side, after the Tamihin bridge.  Drove down the road still dark and it looked to be fine.   Halfway there I realized I was basically driving on ice.  Didnt really see what I was into until dawn.  In retrospect I would have never gone down there. Lucky I didnt end up in the ditch.   Anyone driving down there wait till you can see where you are going.

Fished all day. Lots of different places.  Nothing.  But thats my pattern.  Might as well fish in my bathtub, but the views and hiking are way better out on the C/V

Haha your not alone i think my best year was 2012 when i somehow managed to a hook a nice fish every second trip, after that i have gone some trips WAY beyond any sane persons patience but sad part is i have heard even worse luck for some good anglers on the vedder. Winter steelheading is hard as hell its when things warm up that the action really picks up.
[

Nicolas The Fisherman

No rain expected tonight so tomorrow may be good. Don't know about the weekend as rain forecasted both Sat and Sun.

paul1971

I fished the down the backside of Thompson park today and you're right the road is scary. No fish although the conditions where good.

Twitchy

Conditions were pretty good today, saw a couple fish caught and heard of a few more, seemed I was just a few minutes late every spot I went to. Did manage a nice bull in the lower though.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer

Fished hard today and covered a lot of water mid river. Never saw a fish, no one I talked to had touched one either in the areas where I was. I have yet to touch a fish this yr. Freds told me they weighed in 4 fish today. That's Steelheading. Tomorrow is another day.

Animal Chin

First time out this year. Fished from below the crossing to around the Peach Road area and finished off around Bergman from 11:30 to 5:00. Saw one lost but no love for me. Flow was really nice, vis was good when I got to the river but deteriorated as the afternoon wore on. 2 ft maybe, water was cloudy.

Still, was a nice day.