Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015/16 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 298318 times)

Wiseguy

• Old Timer

Absolute joke out on the water today.
Let's hear it...

montegobay man

Googan's all over the river  bring yur own rock    and join the fence posting   Happy family day !!!!

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer

Some folks didn't walk very much... ;)

Drewhill

I know I say this a lot but today was by far the busiest day of the year lol It would have been nice to see DFO out there today. Saw a lot of inexerperienced anglers out there and I'm willing to bet a lot of them did not have a license. They could have handed out enough fines to cover the salaries of a bunch of new officers, a few new trucks and probably even a new hq. Water was nice. Very slow.

SilverChaser

Drewhill nailed it. By far the busiest day of the year. The Vedder in general has been really busy this year. Walked into a few spots today just to find somebody else in there. Oh well...
Freestone Fly Co Ambassador
Halieus Outdoors Team Member

Wiseguy

• Old Timer

Nice weather and a holiday Monday. What else would you expect? Hordes and hordes of anglers. I have seen DFO on the river this winter on a regular basis. Even sitting in a unmarked SUV watching anglers fishing the river a couple of times. One day they were asking me for info on a couple of hike in spots.

NothingToSnagAbout

Well, I learnt something new today.

Googan:

A fishing term for lowlife, shore fishermen who bait fish typically without a license, regard to regulations, and etiquette towards other people, especially other fishermen following the rules.

Also:

An Internet term for lowlife webmaster who posts ads and web pages typically with no meaningful content.

An individual or couple who search the internet for the best travel deals and take many vacations.

A cross between a cheeseburger and a hampster.

By the way, is googan the same as beek? Is that the term "chronologically-challenged" folks use?

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer

A wee bit high and the lower is slightly coloured still. I stuck two but saw no other fish hooked. Friends say they saw one killed. Gong show everywhere with low holders on every corner.

John Revolver

Total gong show today. Started low and it was the Busiest  I have ever seen it. Wall to wall fence posters. Went to the upper and had a better time. Saw a spectacular Buck landed for the hatchery tube. Easily 16+ pounds . Stunning fish.

Water was very clear and green cloured in the upper reaches . went back down low later in the day to peach and then browne both were abit murky.

Dave

• Old Timer

Saw a spectacular Buck landed for the hatchery tube. Easily 16+ pounds . Stunning fish.
I would have preferred to see that fish alongside a fecund lady fish in Centennial Channel this spring.  But that's just me 8)

HOOK

• Old Timer

the reason its so busy is all the pictures being posted on fb pages the last week !!
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

SilverChaser

the reason its so busy is all the pictures being posted on fb pages the last week !!
Nailed it
Freestone Fly Co Ambassador
Halieus Outdoors Team Member

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

Have fun at work this week fellas  ;)

milo

• Old Timer

I almost got out there - would have been my first outing this year (to the Vedder, anyway).
Now I'm glad I didn't.

Every Day

• Old Timer

Nailed it

You complain, and say nailed it, yet you post pictures on the largest forum in B.C. It reaches a much wider audience than a privacy set facebook account would. Then you name and ask for information on a small river on your own thread and ASK for people to post pics of it :o Better give your head a little shake...

Fred's has commercialized this river completely the past 3 years. It will always be incredibly busy from here on out. No matter who posts what pictures, wherever they want, it will always have an insane amount of people just due to the (often exaggerated) Fred's reports.

Not only that, but a bunch of lesser known flows have seen a 100% (probably more) increase in anglers this past year due to some of the newer employees (at "the shop") with no regard for how sensitive and special those flows are. It's only a matter of time before you have to bring your own rock to every flow from Vasncouver to the Thompson. It'll only get worse.