Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: fishin  (Read 3779 times)

fishinmansam

fishin
« on: June 30, 2006, 08:57:31 PM »

guys im heading out tomorrow. I will be either bar fishing mybe bb'ing. I will onlyt be fishing from land no boat. Any productive bars with good access by foot to forfill this. I will only need the name of the bar since i have the frase rriver booklet. thanks guys

cohoslayer1

• Bring on the steelhead
Re: fishin
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 11:06:36 PM »

scale bar. 11 landed in 3 hours

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 11:14:57 PM »

what pike minnows ;D

just kidding ;D

fishinmansam

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 11:23:43 PM »

scale bar is landstrom right. like down landstrom road up across the bridge at hope?

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 11:38:28 PM »

scale bar is landstrom right. like down landstrom road up across the bridge at hope?
No, before there, you park on the side of the highway, before the weigh scales, there will be a lot of no parking signs there.  You have to drive towards Vancouver away from the Weigh Station until there are no more signs!! Walk about 3 km's back up towards the Weigh Scale Station beside the railrod tracks, down a hill, through a bunch of water, back out onto the gravel and you are there!!  The walk in isn't that bad, but the walk out, certainly if you have a big Spring, is a killer!!! ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

fishinmansam

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 11:43:29 PM »

dude thanks alot thats greatly appreciated. will i need waders to go through the water?

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 11:44:57 PM »

I didn't the time I was there, mind you it was friken hot that day, and you dry off fairly quickly!!  It is up to you about the whole getting wet thing!! :)

fishinmansam

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 11:47:12 PM »

ill be fine for that man. tomorrows guna be a hot one.  SPRINGS HERE I COME. and thanks again for the info!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 11:50:38 PM »

I wasn't going to give you the info, considering from that bar, there will be way to many BBer's to Barfish. But, just keep inside all the laws!!  You know what they are.  Don't forget to pinch your barbs aswell, as there will be more DFO out on the water this weekend. ;)

fishinmansam

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 11:53:25 PM »

yeah man for sure. i will be using a 3 foot leader with a corkie and some roe. i also buy my hooks de-barbed already. thanks though and tight lines to all. ;D

pinkwool

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2006, 11:46:25 PM »

the channel before the bar is gone 3 weeks ago at about 7 meters water level, but you do need waders to fish if you want to be where the crowd (and the fish  ;) ) is. There is also another bar stretching for 1 km below the pipeline on hwy 7. You can barfish at the top or bb in the lower part (if you know how to fight snags), but where the huge springs could be lurking (I gone mine (pictured on the left) 47 - 50 lb 3 years ago today there - BS could confirm as he was next to me)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2006, 10:01:10 PM »

Yeah, I can confirm!!  I moved out to for a couple of casts to re tie my gear, this guy comes up and asks if he can take a few casts, I say go ahead, I'm going to be a couple minutes.  Next thing I know, this buggar is into a monster!!  ::) :o ;D The Girlfriend said that was the biggest fish she had ever seen to that point, since then she has seen bigger!! ;D ;D ;D  I wasn't very impressed at the time, but was amazed with thew fish!! ;) ;D  Man that could have been mine!!! ;D