Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Silvermere  (Read 2854 times)

fishingnewb

Silvermere
« on: April 28, 2008, 03:48:16 PM »

Friend and I went out to Silvermere the other day in search of some bass.  Anyone know what the water quality is like there...  does anyone eat anything out of that lake?  Please don't respond with a generic "I hate bass" response...  ;)

Anyhow, we barely caught anything (must be doing something wrong)...  just a small bass and a crappie (didn't even know we had crappies in our waters!).

coryandtrevor

• Winter : Stick on the ice , fly in the water
Re: Silvermere
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 03:58:22 PM »

Be careful where you park ;)
"The swing is the thing but the tug is the drug" - Unknown

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 10:14:02 PM »

Friend and I went out to Silvermere the other day in search of some bass.  Anyone know what the water quality is like there...  does anyone eat anything out of that lake?  Please don't respond with a generic "I hate bass" response...  ;)

Anyhow, we barely caught anything (must be doing something wrong)...  just a small bass and a crappie (didn't even know we had crappies in our waters!).

Whonnock lake is full of crappy. It should be fine to eat. The lake is a mud bottom and there is not much run off from development like say lafarge lake or Mill.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

fishingnewb

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 07:40:39 AM »

Hmmm, so you think Lafarge isn't a clean lake?  :(

Is there anywhere you can go to see the pollutants and their levels for the various lakes?  I'm assuming the gov't runs tests once in a while...  I know that in Alberta (grew up there), they used to publish the mercury levels for each lake and the maximum recommended fish you should eat per day (also warnings for pregnant woman and infants if necessary).

gheart008

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 08:43:17 AM »

Hmmm, so you think Lafarge isn't a clean lake?  :(

Is there anywhere you can go to see the pollutants and their levels for the various lakes?  I'm assuming the gov't runs tests once in a while...  I know that in Alberta (grew up there), they used to publish the mercury levels for each lake and the maximum recommended fish you should eat per day (also warnings for pregnant woman and infants if necessary).

Quote from Rod from another thread, talking about the Lafarge:

Prior to stockings by the Fraser Valley Trout Hatchery, all lakes are tested by biologists at Ministry of Environment.

shootntip

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 01:23:16 PM »

Be careful where you park ;)
grew up 5 mins away from there.Haven't fished it in a couple years.Tons of bass.Bro and I would catch 20 30 40 fish in a few short hours .5-3lbs.It is a ''private'' lake owned by genstar [development company] not the homeowners around the lake.Parking is easy just park at corner of keystone and hayward there is few spots there also that is the end of the lake I've done really well at.

skeeter44

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 10:09:19 PM »

Hey guys I used to fish ther when i was a teen and we would catch rainbows and cutts in ther that was back in the 80 s how long has there bee bass in there and can you flyfish from shore anywhere ?
Evil Prevails When Good Men Stand By And Do Nothing