Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: 2013 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 67133 times)

Alex_c

Forecast only calls for about 10mm of rain throughout the day tomorrow, shouldn't be too bad.  If it doesn't rain too hard Friday evening/night, it still might be good to fish Saturday morning by my uneducated guess.  I'll be out there early tomorrow in the canal, and hopefully Saturday as well if it doesn't blow out.  Last time I fished the Vedder a week and a bit ago it blew out right as I got there, and it was easily one of the slowest days since fishing for Springs in July.  Even then, it was nice to get out of the city, and getting rained on fishing in a boat beats sitting inside any day.  Just painted up a bunch of lures, so I'll be chucking the kitchen sink in that river until something bites...

fic

• Old Timer

It's also supposed be very windy too, I guess we'll have a bunch of fly anglers converting to drifters :)

Stopes

Fishing was stellar again today, seeing and catching so many monster springs, 2 wild hoes, and a hand full of pinks. Water was nice with at least 3 ' of vis. down from peach to lickman rd. heavy rains this weekend and river will probably blow out. Will be taking my boy on sunday to the river cleanup, big thanks to fraser valley salmon society for organizing these clean ups. Hope lots of people will do the same all the river banks are looking like the garbage dump.

Dave

• Old Timer

Will be taking my boy on sunday to the river cleanup, big thanks to fraser valley salmon society for organizing these clean ups. Hope lots of people will do the same all the river banks are looking like the garbage dump.
Actually its the Chilliwack Vedder River Cleanup Society that organizes these events   See you there!

Stopes

Actually its the Chilliwack Vedder River Cleanup Society that organizes these events   See you there!
Thank you for correcting me and thanks for the efforts, will be there for sure.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Thank you for correcting me and thanks for the efforts, will be there for sure.
Very good, will be a great day rain or shine, lots to eat, great music, approaching 60 prizes now and many displays. Shaw TV will also be there doing  their TV show, go Fraser Valley. Also give a way of some of my Maple Leaf Floats. ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

River was still fishable in the Lower an hour ago but the heavy rain will certainly wash it out for tomorrow.

Found a $20 bill while cleaning up some garbage and tins on a Fraser River sand bar this afternoon in the heavy rain so now can take my wife out for our anniversary celebration, I think it is 48 years. :-\ ;D
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 09:08:07 PM by chris gadsden »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

After putting up with you, she deserves more than a $20.00 meal. :D :D

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer

With all the rain the upper came up around 2 feet and slesse creek is pushing out brown water. There were many trees coming down the river also.
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

After putting up with you, she deserves more than a $20.00 meal. :D :D
Pushed to 40 with all the tins I found. ;D ;D

Alex_c

Yesterday was really good fishing, landed 3 wild cohos, killed 2 pinks in decent shape and lost countless others.  Buddy of mine limited out before noon.

As of this morning the water is not suitable for fishing and very high.  My buddy went and checked it out around 6 am and said it was brutal.

t-bone

to much rain.....take a couple days for this to clear

1son

My buddy drove by canal earlier said it's flooded should take a few day til your able to get out there and fish.

naka21

• Arie Nakagawa

Water is high and brown and raining steady at the moment

adriaticum

• Old Timer

Looks like fishing might be over in a couple of weeks.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12