Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2013 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 67134 times)

Dennis.t

• Old Timer

A friend of mine has developed a fantastic Android based app for the Vedder system that tells you everything you need to know - water levels, visibility, temperature, approximate number of fish entering the system, even the average number of anglers on most popular spots. He is taking orders, let me know if you are interested. It's not cheap, thoug
LMFAO !!!!!! this is going to be a best seller!!!!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

A friend of mine has developed a fantastic Android based app for the Vedder system that tells you everything you need to know - water levels, visibility, temperature, approximate number of fish entering the system, even the average number of anglers on most popular spots. He is taking orders, let me know if you are interested. It's not cheap, though.

I am beta testing it and it tells me that the Vedder has been in fine shape today. Levels are holding, and so is visibility. Lots of fresh coho in the system, as well as springs. Fewer fresh pinks that last week. There were eleven springs landed at the Keith Wilson Bridge  today.

Does it also tell you what fish are being caught on ? ;)

fic

• Old Timer

A friend of mine has developed a fantastic Android based app for the Vedder system that tells you everything you need to know - water levels, visibility, temperature, approximate number of fish entering the system, even the average number of anglers on most popular spots. He is taking orders, let me know if you are interested. It's not cheap, though.

I am beta testing it and it tells me that the Vedder has been in fine shape today. Levels are holding, and so is visibility. Lots of fresh coho in the system, as well as springs. Fewer fresh pinks that last week. There were eleven springs landed at the Keith Wilson Bridge  today.
Is your friend still selling that pyramid scheme and swamp land in Florida?  I am definitely interested in all of the above.  ;D

Trophy Tackle

• Trophy Tackle

Conditions were excellent today.  Water was a bit high but vis was good and improved throughout the day. 

Dennis.t

• Old Timer

Conditions were excellent today.  Water was a bit high but vis was good and improved throughout the day.
X2 and I saw some very chrome Pinks around today.

milo

• Old Timer

The current version only suggests the best wool colour given the water conditions and numbers of fish per species.
The 2.01 version (to be released by the beginning of the steelhead season) will track lost floats. The developers are still converting data from Chris Gadsden's fishing logs into computer algorithms.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 11:09:09 PM by milo »

mvelasco

The current version only suggests the best wool colour given the water conditions and numbers of fish per species.
The 2.01 version (to be released by the beginning of the steelhead season) will track lost floats. The developers are still converting data from Chris Gadsden's fishing logs into computer algorithms.  ;)
holy, I would purchase.
any who getting back on track. like chris said water was good and getting better.started high but mpved away to the bottom to see what was fresh. flashed by many fish but only hooked colors.all in all saw about 10 spring hooked and 3 coho brought close. headin out soon, will post updatr.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

;D ;D I will have some of these floats as give aways at the river cleanup on Sunday, may even bury a Maple Leaf Drennan in the bottom of the pile. ;D

Ezio

• vedder sucks tell your friends.

water was perfect today, hit a few different holes today in the lower river while trying to stay away from the crowds, and managed walked away with two jack springs and a nice 8lb9oz hatch coho, while releasing 3 more wild coho.   Lots of good water to fish, And theres quite the number of nice fish coming up now as well! Plus it wasn't hard finding good quiet water to fish in solitude with a little bit of foot movement and curiosity.

Tee

The Weather Network forecasts heavy rain fall in excess of 50 mm this coming weekend.

If this is the case, the river will be most likely blown.
I only fish on days that end with "y".

Jewelz

• I've got the bug

Any pinks?

The spot that I was at today was filled with them but they were all zombies, atleast from what I observed. Was only able to walk away with one good one.
Peace. One. Jewelz.
"Who knew that fishing was this addicting..."

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Nope not worth it.  Don't go.  Stay at home and watch hockey or something.
Come to the river cleanup on Sunday and put something back in the river so many of us enjoy.
If the river comes around Sunday you can fish 4 or 5 hours after the cleanup. ;D

mvelasco

fished the upper today and saw alot. first run had pinks moving up in a well governed line and the second run made you work for it. all in all decent day except for the pocket flossers. you know something in that run is good when those guys are around.

milo

• Old Timer

Would it be worth it to head out Saturday? With the rain and all, I saw the forecast too but not sure if the rain on Friday and the rain throughout Saturday would make it blown? Thanks for the reply.

Check the hydrometric data about the Chilliwack river on Saturday before leaving. If the graph is rising vertically and the river has already come up a foot or two overnight, you'll know it's time to stay home.

clarki

• Old Timer

A couple of years ago, Milo, you roasted my Christmas chesnuts for applying jest in a post without using an appropriate emoticon.

I can, therefore, conclude that this app must be be the real McCoy, because
1. Your post could not be sarcasm because sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, as you indicated, and I do not believe that you would stoop to such
2. If this were jest, you would have applied the appropriate emoticon.

Where do I order the app?  ;)