Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Items for sale - proceeds to charity  (Read 1411 times)

hawg hunter

Items for sale - proceeds to charity
« on: December 01, 2014, 08:30:36 PM »

Due to the overwhelming support and success last year I’m going to try this again and call it the 2nd annual…

In the spirit of Giving, I would like to start a thread whereby people can buy/sell and donate to a most worthy cause; LIFE EXCHANGE.

So here is what I would like to do. I will begin by clearing out any fishing gear that could benefit another fisherman and post it here for sale. All proceeds going to benefit
LIFE EXCHANGE. In saying this, I challenge everyone who frequents this site to do the same. If you are in the local Cloverdale/Langley area, I would gladly arrange to pick up any items you would like to donate. I can then take pictures and post on your behalf.

I am also working on getting some items to sell on behalf of an individual who has agreed to donate 15% of the sale proceeds to the Charity. All are vintage items.

Last year there were some individuals who preferred to make cash donations or donations via gift cards. Both are gladly accepted and I can facilitate getting these directly to the charity.

Last year we were able to donate in excess of $900. Let’s see if we can increase this amount this year.

Regards,

Gary Johnson

Please see attached details for the charity and what they do.

LIFE EXCHANGE

Life Exchange is a local charity working with underprivileged children and teens in our school system.  We are also caring for Gr. 10-12 Special Ed students that have learning and behavioural deficiencies. The new challenge students are facing is “anxiety/panic disorders”.  We are seeking to provide solutions that the medical system is not actively pursuing to intervene in the lives of children and teens that are in emotional trauma.

Here are some of the charitable and personal care activities that we have been doing:
I.  High School Teens
1.  Providing healthy lunches and snacks for the Grade 10-12 Education Students.
2.  Providing water bottles for the teens that have been diagnosed as “dehydrated” and suffering in their learning capability and behaviour conflicts in class.
3.  Purchasing winter jackets for underprivileged high school teens.
4.  Christmas gift package composed of personal hygiene products plus a “gift card” to the local mall for buying that extra special thing for themselves or others for Christmas.
5.  For those graduation Gr. 12 we supply the funds for those who can’t afford the costs involved with Grad.
6.  We provide medical assistance to teens whose family can’t afford what is needed.

II.  Elementary children
1.  We discover through the principals which children are without winter jackets, boots, socks, gloves and toques then present them to each child in a Christmas bag with extra Christmas treats to encourage their lives.
2.  We provide medical assistance to children that come from underprivileged families where needed most.
3.  We provide Gift Cards to Super Store, Price Smart and Safeway to families in critical need, not only at Christmas but through the course of the year. 

Donations can be made directly by cheque or cash.  Online donations through Canadahelps.org/lifeexchange

1st round of items. More to follow including some vintage items.

Simms wading belt $25. back save type.

Islander reel case new with tag. $10

Cannon rod holder (graciously donated by FLYBC last year). $25

Okuma CLassic pro reel. Bought for sturgeon back up. Lined with new braided line. Line has never been fished. $50

Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish.  ~Roderick Haig-Brown

Humpy

Re: Items for sale - proceeds to charity
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 09:14:22 PM »

I'll take the Islander reel cover.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:03:12 PM by Humpy »
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

hawg hunter

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 09:59:32 PM »

Islander case spoken for.
Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish.  ~Roderick Haig-Brown

hawg hunter

Re: Items for sale - proceeds to charity - More items added
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 09:31:01 PM »

Here are a couple more items for sale. Still more to come. Pictures and posting just takes time!

Bill Ballan 2 5/8 As new with original case.  $260

Hardy Marksman 3-4. Comes with what looks like a new line and original hardy case. Reel is in excellent condition save a small nick. $285

Dingley 3 1/4. Reel is in good condition and functions as it should. Foot has been filed accommodate a modern reel seat.  Great user reel. $125

Pre war hardy perfect 3 3/8. This reel is in great condition. $365

SteelheadAdict

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 10:24:37 PM »

Bump i have some items i want to contribute

hawg hunter

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 06:34:50 PM »

Thanks for your support. Feel free to post any items here or if you would like me to arrange to pick up. You can email me for contact info at fishinggary44@gmail.com

flyrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 09:28:36 AM »

SOLD     I have a "brand new" Simm's Rogue Fleece Hoody XL Black with Michael & Young Fly Shop logo on the left arm for sale. This was donated by Dave O'Brien and Ryan Heitz as a "donation" to Life Exchange Charity.
Price $125.00
I have the jacket in Chilliwack,  Pics are available.  Rod 604-798-3040 
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 02:51:38 PM by flyrod »

flyrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 09:46:10 AM »

I have "Brand New" two pairs of Frogg Toggs CANYON BREATHABLE STFT WADERS "Two Tone Khaki-Stone colours size XL.  Boot size is probably standard 9-12.

These were donated by Gary Wardroper and Clayton Jones from Chilliwack Dart and Tackle for Life Exchange Charity Christmas Outreach to Kids and Teens.

Price $120.00 each.

I am in Chilliwack.  Rod 604-798-3040
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 02:51:08 PM by flyrod »

flyrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 06:38:11 PM »

More donations and buyers needed.......Good stuff Gary

flyrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 01:34:01 PM »

Life Exchange still has many children and teens in need.  Your donations are greatly valued and appreciated.  Those who did contribute to the Christmas Project; you made a huge difference in over 100 children and teens.  Thank you.....