Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thur. Vedder  (Read 2668 times)

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
Thur. Vedder
« on: January 18, 2007, 05:27:17 PM »

Late start today.  Arrived at the river about 11:00.  Started around Tamihi water vis was at 1.5ft.  Light snow.  Nothing.  Fished my way to the top without any luck. Snow was coming down really hard around 12:30 noon.  Fished until 1:30pm decided to end today's trip. Went to the hatchery only saw 3 cohos and 1 steelhead.

younggun

• Old Timer
Re: Thur. Vedder
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 05:46:45 PM »

MAn its a slow start! I like fishing in febuary and not having to fight with freezing rain and murky waters. But i also like getting out more than once, so basically the more often ur on the water the better chance to hook a fish! I think? Atleast thats what the odds state! ;D
Fish killer 101

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 05:48:31 PM »

[qoute]MAn its a slow start! I like fishing in febuary and not having to fight with freezing rain and murky waters.[/qoute]

your not a true steelheader

Hook Set

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 05:50:42 PM »

thanks for the report, I hope to get out there again soon

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 06:08:25 PM »

thanks for the report BWI BWI ! SNOW and steelheading are a good mix ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 07:15:08 PM »

Was out today from around 9 till 4:30 with some other tit...

saw a couple  caught, some lost...LOTS of snow and constant wetness...Was an excellent day all in all but fishless...I was torturing some poor guy with my lack of ability... :-[

« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 07:17:09 PM by Xgolfman »

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 07:23:04 PM »

That spot has no more fish in it. SeaRun and Flyguy took them all LOL

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Blue Heron

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 07:52:28 PM »

I went out today fished from 7:00 - 2:30. Snow then wet snow then more snow rain.  :( Any day on the river is a good day.
Talked to a guy he caught a wild doe probably 8 - 10 lbs. Tamahi if thats spelled right. We went to Allison pool and fished some
beauty water and saw 5 Bald Eagles + 1 King Fisher and my buddy Blue Heron. Maby had a bump but if its not a fish on it don't
matter

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 08:02:30 PM »

there's a difference between freezing wet rain and dry snow! I've steelheaded in -15 without wind chill on the lowe chehalis with 2 feet of snow, thats steelheading! When there's ice flowing down the vedder and ur fishing call me!  Joking guys, i just dont like it when i have to battle the odds, its fun but really hard! Few fish, low visibility, plus freezing tempuratures dont really hook me deep enough to keep me goin!
Fish killer 101

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 08:06:37 PM »

Of course we did and they are waiting there for us to come back  ;D ;D ;D . That is why bigsteel is fishless. lmao

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 08:10:35 PM »

Of course we did and they are waiting there for us to come back  ;D ;D ;D . That is why bigsteel is fishless. lmao

The reason he is fishless is because he is jinxed and whoever fishes with him gets the jinx too. Sorry searun LOL

Uh Oh!!! If you fish with searun you may get the curse as well by default LOL. You better string garlic around your neck while you fish with him thats the only way to keep the jinx away..

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 10:58:42 PM »

I fished that place for 30 min today.  Saw a guy fishing the run with CP so walked passed him to the upper end. Didn't get a bite.

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 02:03:33 AM »

The reason he is fishless is because he is jinxed and whoever fishes with him gets the jinx too. Sorry searun LOL

Uh Oh!!! If you fish with searun you may get the curse as well by default LOL. You better string garlic around your neck while you fish with him thats the only way to keep the jinx away..
Yah that whole crew smells fishy bigsteel gave me a 20 trip no hook up curse, after he told me about his 40 trip no steel story
[

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2007, 12:35:27 PM »

Ya see the curse works this way ,only people that have native Indian in them can give the curse and cant be given the curse,meaning me,so of course i cant be cursed ,maybe cursed at but thats a different story alltogether,also the curse only works on weak minded individuals ,i wont mention any names ;)  ;D furthermore just to be safe i allways can be found wearing some garlic to ward off any bad demons that may be lurking. ;D ;D
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

allwaysfishin

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2007, 01:14:18 PM »

woohoo.... i can't get the curse !!!!
well... er... that's if being Metis counts..... but then again..... can't call me no-steel this year ;D
so far it has been good  8)