Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Capilano River, June 25th 2012  (Read 2928 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Capilano River, June 25th 2012
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 05:45:44 PM »

Is it true those ducks are really good Barbequed? Is there a size limit? Is it catch and release only? More info would be greatly appreciated. Pluck you too! Quit fowling around!

Fly only, barbless hooks, maximum 3 lb. test tippet, daily limit of 3 only between the hours of 9-5

4TheKids

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 06:04:37 PM »

I was out there at the mouth with my kayak on Sunday fly fishing. there was no sign of any fish there.
The currents there during tide changes are very strong and it made paddling very tedious. I was fighting the current most of the time while anchoring would help.

Comments on where and how to fly fish in the Cap would be much appreciated..

Thanks

Hey HH, I am planning on doing the same thing. I have been fishing from my kayak in the chuck a few times and a bunch on times on still water around Kamloops. I think I have my setup working well. An anchor is a must but you need the right type and the right setup. I think it still needs another week or so without too much more rain for the fish to stack up. Right now they are all heading straight up the river. If you want, PM me with your contact info. When it is right I will be out there most evenings (and some mornings when I really want to catch fish). Oh yeah, what type of line are you using?

RG

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 06:45:52 PM »

Has anybody ever had much luck with beach fly fishing at Ambleside for coho?  I understand you want low tides and best in the morning.  Obviously it doesn't happen often but I heard it can be quite amazing if it's timed right.  I've been to Ambleside before while lots of fish were stacked up, jumping and porpoising about yet nobody was getting anything.