Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Be aware Jerk alert!!  (Read 12893 times)

noobfisher

Re: Be aware Jerk alert!!
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2013, 01:00:30 AM »

Why is his face blocked out? I think people wanna see who this guys is.

TayC

• Scott Howells Moustache
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2013, 01:15:25 AM »

Most ridiculous thread ever, complaining about combat fishing the cap....you just add to the equation pal.
A swung fly is the best fly.

chronicfisher

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2013, 02:45:15 AM »

Wow are we at the point where you either watch ppl get bullied and letting these guys just take over? And just rather watch and do nothing is better then not stepping up helping your fellow fisherman out? is there no way of getting rid of these jerks?

Shawn6o4

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2013, 05:52:00 AM »

Just cut his line, the end.

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2013, 07:52:08 AM »

Most ridiculous thread ever, complaining about combat fishing the cap....you just add to the equation pal.

x2

Such behavior is, unfortunately, to be expected during "combat fishing" and if you can't deal with it then you should probably just not fish such spots where you know the yo-yos will gravatate to.

I've learned over the years to just go for a few hours at first light during the "combat season" before all the obnoxious people start to show up. After that I ask myself...do I really need more fish for the freezer??!! Probably not. Rather than get stressed out over fishing, which to me totally defeats the point of going fishing, I just do something else like go for a hike or bike.

mvelasco

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2013, 10:36:45 AM »

fishing the hot spts on the ched allowed me to cope with such fishermen. most of the I will stand my ground and post up.kind of like who will leave first.its kind of a funny situation though, if im not getting a sniff I'll just move on down the run.
like alot of you are saying there is a ton of people who have no regard for ethics. sometimes its better to bite the bullet once in a while and move on. you cant let such people ruin your "escape". "real recognize real"  and sometimes if this occurences happen other fishermen will look at me and mouth "wtf" and vice versa.

once again, at the end of the day dont let this behaviour ruin your day, the river is long enough where you have to trek many minutes to find "salvation" .those people arent willing to do so.

(sorry for what may an incoherent thought process...)

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2013, 11:04:26 AM »

Non-violent solution -> empty 3 ketchup packets into mouth, proceed to start coughing/gagging while spitting out ketchup.  Betcha the jerk will leave.

The White Indian

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2013, 11:33:19 AM »

x2

Such behavior is, unfortunately, to be expected during "combat fishing" and if you can't deal with it then you should probably just not fish such spots where you know the yo-yos will gravatate to.

Theres combat fishing tho, and then theres just plain out a**hats which seem more abundant on the cap then elsewhere. Was just out on Sunday with a friend who decided to climb down to the pool below Dog, was down there for about 45 mins before some a**hats leaving the lower side of the Dog who decided they didnt think anyone with more balls then them should fish down there and proceeded to start throwing rocks at him. Hope their aim gets better before we see them again.

tworivers

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2013, 11:53:51 AM »

Wow... is that a centerpin? 8)

StillAqua

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2013, 12:16:47 PM »

Non-violent solution -> empty 3 ketchup packets into mouth, proceed to start coughing/gagging while spitting out ketchup.  Betcha the jerk will leave.
That's the creative spirit cuts!
Or keep a small whoopee cushion in your side pocket if they get too close.....
Or start talking about Jesus and salvation when they slide in next to you....
 ;D

zabber

• Sometimes I fish, sometimes I catch
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2013, 01:01:03 PM »

Sucks that you guys let him ruin your day and, affectively, encouraged his behavior. Oh well, we can't all be heros :P

Thanks for the report; glad to hear there are loose lipped fish in there! Looks like you guys were fishing well after first light too! :) :)
A rig out of water catches no fish.

zabber

• Sometimes I fish, sometimes I catch
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2013, 01:07:09 PM »

Or keep a small whoopee cushion in your side pocket if they get too close.....
Or just start hitting the gym and eating a lot of protein. Not only will you become more intimidating to the average joe, but your farts will become more frequent and smell HORRID. ;D ;D

Or start talking about Jesus and salvation when they slide in next to you....
 ;D
"Ah, a follow fisherman! How are you today brother?! Fine day to be out enjoying the Lord's wonderous creation isn't it?! Say brother, remind me, what did the Lord say about the fishes and salvation? What? You haven't heard of the Lord and his good word?! Why brother, you simply must hear the Good Word!! ... .... ..."  ;D ;D

A rig out of water catches no fish.

yakideath12

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2013, 07:27:19 PM »

Sorry
Im just qqing behind keyboard

Silex-user

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2013, 09:29:18 PM »

Best to walk away...... life is too short.

Silex-user

urbanflyfisher

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2013, 10:14:35 PM »

Ive gotten close to throwing a few "people" into the river.. had quite the argument with a russian snagger there 2 years ago.. i was ready to kill the fool.

I will still fish cable when i can. since moving to whistler.. im enjoying all the small trout i can catch in the corridor.. havent had a need to go to the cap since 2011 8)