Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Canada vs Finland!! Not that surprising!!  (Read 6507 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Canada vs Finland!! Not that surprising!!
« on: February 19, 2006, 05:39:08 PM »

Well, I wasn't really that surprised about todays game!!  Disappointed yes, but Finland has one hell of a team, and Canada is still finding their groove!!  Which they will find, might just take another game or two!!  They have one more game left in the prelim round to get ready for the round that counts!!  Just as they did last time around, they are a bit slow, and a lot of people are worried!! But, when it comes down to it, I think that they will do just fine!!  Canada is not the only pre-tourny fav that is having a hard time right now.  But when it matters, Canada always seems to pull it out.  I wouldn't expect anything different this time around!! ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Canada vs Finland!! Not that surprising!!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 06:38:40 PM »

Am I the only who thinks that Bertuzzi has been disappointing in the tournament ? Sure he got 3 assists but that was against Italy and Germany.

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 06:47:11 PM »

Todays and last game against Swiss. Canada team doesn't look as organized on the offensive. They look more like one man team, doesn't utilize their teamates as well as Finland and the Swiss.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 07:02:25 PM »

I will agree with both of you guys on those points.  Where Bert is concerned, he did start off well, and was a force, he did seem to be invisble today! :-\  You might have noticed that Canada has been getting a fiar amount of shots, but a lot of them seem to be from the outside, with not much in the line of traffic infront of the net.  This has to be adressed.  There has also been way to many long passes that have been from the wrong side of center.  Which means, with no touch icing, to many faces offs coming back to their own zone.  They have to be thinking and at least get over center ice if they are going to try this.  All things that I am sure they will look after. ;)

fishfinder

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 10:55:56 AM »

Geez, the team is looking slow compared to the Europeans. I am not sure if it’s the bigger ice or not, but they better find their game against the Czechs or it’s going to be a quick exit in the medal round. Seems the boys aren’t motivated. Could it be Quinn’s style of coaching?

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 05:10:13 PM »

I have a feeling that they will pull it off when the gloves are off...they have done it before

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

fishfinder

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 11:23:19 PM »

I sure hope so. I know we have the best team there. I wish the players can put it all together tomorrow and show what they are really capable of.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 06:46:11 PM »

Well, they didn't look great, but they looked a lot better!!  A bit of a plus going into tomorrows game against Russia!!  Should be a GREAT ONE!! ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 07:18:02 PM »

Time to put up or shut up. Lose and you're out.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 08:20:04 PM »

Russins were the hungrier team

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley