Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Toronto.... Cellabrating the Drought  (Read 3286 times)

mastercaster

• Old Timer
Toronto.... Cellabrating the Drought
« on: February 16, 2007, 04:40:15 PM »

Just wondering what you leaf fans think about this reunion of the '67 Stanley Cup team tomorrow night? 

Isn't this a painful reminder that no other team in the NHL has gone that long without making an appearance in the finals of the Stanley Cup? 1967....the year Pamela Anderson was born, Elvis and Pricilla were married, Lester B. Pearson was Prime Minister, and the finals were in black and white.  Even the 'nucks have been there twice since then! 

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Toronto.... Cellabrating the Drought
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 08:01:07 PM »

Leaf fans don't want to be reminded that they last won the Cup back in 1967 in particular the fact that the Canucks have been to the finals twice in that time. Rumour has it that the current GM John Ferguson is trying to lure a couple of the players into making a comeback.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 12:24:12 AM »

What a wonderful night it will be tonight.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 07:00:44 AM »

Just wondering what you leaf fans think about this reunion of the '67 Stanley Cup team tomorrow night? 

Isn't this a painful reminder that no other team in the NHL has gone that long without making an appearance in the finals of the Stanley Cup? 1967....the year Pamela Anderson was born, Elvis and Pricilla were married, Lester B. Pearson was Prime Minister, and the finals were in black and white.  Even the 'nucks have been there twice since then

and what prize did the Cannots NOT win those 2 times....good troll tho...;)))

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 08:54:41 AM »

You just can't accept the fact that the Canucks made it to the finals twice in the time Vancouver and Toronto were in the league together. Just hang on to the memories of the glory days of 1967. The Laughs aren't going to win it this year either.

If you're a Toronto fan you know tough. If you don't believe it, just ask Mojo.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 07:21:46 PM »

What a wonderful night it will be tonight.
Yes it was a wonderful night. ;D ;D ;D

2:40

• Old Timer
  • Floss your teeth, not your fish!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 08:46:59 PM »

You just can't accept the fact that the Canucks made it to the finals twice

No need to be jealous. If you want, you can organize a tribute to 1994 for when they almost made it...

Sad truth tho regardless is that the poor cannucks have been...

;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-*
I have a right to fish and a responsibility to treat this right as a privilege.

Ethics is your actions and behaviour when no one is watching.

A problem well stated is a problem half solved.

Since when was snagging just a question of ethics and personal choice?

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 09:07:54 PM »

hehehe....and the Cannots still can't..... :D :D :D but the budz still do...;)))

mojo  supporter of Canada's team.... ;D
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2007, 11:28:23 PM »

Gotta feel sorry for the misguided Laff fans still living the glory days of 1967. Mojoman and 2:40 were probably not around when they last won the Cup. Ironic that perhaps the most dedicated Laff fan of all, Chris never talks about the past. Funny how Laff fans never talk about the 1994 playoffs when Vancouver kicked their collective butts into Lake Ontario ;D Selective retention I guess.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2007, 08:27:46 AM »

Gotta feel sorry for the misguided Laff fans still living the glory days of 1967. Mojoman and 2:40 were probably not around when they last won the Cup. Ironic that perhaps the most dedicated Laff fan of all, Chris never talks about the past. Funny how Laff fans never talk about the 1994 playoffs when Vancouver kicked their collective butts into Lake Ontario ;D Selective retention I guess.

see....comments made with no reaserch....I'll be 10yrs past our last cup(uh...Stanley Cup for those who have never owned it)....so next time ya wanna whine about folks....check out yer facts first(fact...Cannots have never raised the holy grail of hockey).... ;D ;D ;D

mojo I'll forgive ya...cos we are all hockey fans... ;)