Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trade Deadline..  (Read 2478 times)

BigJesse

Trade Deadline..
« on: March 09, 2006, 05:46:43 PM »

What do you guys think of the Canucks dealing at the deadline?  If you don't know they got Eric Weinrich from St. Louis for Tomas Mojzis and a 3rd round pick.  Keith Carney from Anaheim for Brett Skinner and a 2nd round pick.  Mika Noronen from Buffalo for a 2nd round pick.  and Sean Brown from New Jersey for a 4th rounder.  They also traded away Steve McCarthy for a draft pick. Definitely filling some holes on defence!

fishfinder

Re: Trade Deadline..
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 06:14:14 PM »

I think Nonis did really well for a rookie GM. At least he's keeping this team together and giving them a final chance to make the run for the cup. Hopefully the veteran defensemen he acquired will stabilize the defense and help them get into the playoffs. I liked the Noronen trade. I hope he turns out to be a solid goaltender.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 06:45:18 PM »

The Canucks didn't have any choice. Injuries decimated their blueline corp and goaltending.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 07:40:37 PM »

I as well think that Nonis did a decent job for his first trade deadline!!  I think that Weinrich will be a good addition, as well as Noronen.  Some have been saying that he may be another Kipper!!  Well, that might be a bit much, but we will see what happens!! ;)
  As for the Nucks tonight, they looked good in the first and Auld was outstanding a couple of times.  Let's hope that they can keep it up!!
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 10:34:21 AM »

I think we did well at the deadline. So far I'm a big fan of the Carney trade, two seasons ago with Anahiem he was a monster in the playoffs and he was the guy the Ducks always used to have covering Bert whenever we played them. I guess we'll have to see how the rest of our aquisitions work out.

My only other comment is that I'm LMAO at PL. Who gives up a cheap young goalie who is hot right now for a underperforming, overpaid, injured goalie who isn't even going to be playing until the last two games of the regular season. Now they're going to have to rely on their backup for the last 17 games.
Actions speak louder than words.