Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: MY Merry Christmas from the Vedder  (Read 1851 times)

RVT

MY Merry Christmas from the Vedder
« on: December 25, 2009, 03:02:24 PM »

The day started with the smell of brewing coffee, and the Blazing Dog bouncing on my chest.  It was time to fish. Grabbed my coffee, grabbed my dog, and headed for the river.Arriving at my favorite spot I found no one, 2guys about 300 yards upstream, 1 above them, no one below me as far as I could see.  Fished my hole for awhile until guy #1 caught up to me. Young fellow, very friendly. we chatted for a while. Then he asked if he could fish below me. If someone asks I never refuse, so I said go ahead, have a good day. He proceeded to back 20 feet off the edge of the river and went  TWO runs below me before he started fishing again. Guy#2 came down when I was about 1/2 way down the run. We chatted for a while and he said the kid was his son. I complimented him on his son's courtesy and ethics. He then moved down and started fishing the top of the run his son  was on. I started feeling warm and fuzzy, and thought maybe things were changing on the Vedder, maybe ethical fishermen were coming back. Then guy #3showed up. I was 20 yards above the tailout when the dude walked right past me, without a comment, and became a fence post on the spot. Then I realized, this isn't Kansas, it wasn't a dream, just a typical day on the Vedder.  Merry Christmas to all.  To finish, I've found the younger guys on the river this year to be far more polite and courteous than the older guys(like me) who KNOW BETTER!!

dead head

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
Re: MY Merry Christmas from the Vedder
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 03:20:40 PM »

It must of been a nice day out not to cold?anyway did you hear of any fish taken?

shortfloat

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 03:31:04 PM »

I fished today, like I normally do on christmas and I dont know If its just me or not but the pressure this early seems unussually high. There are guys everywhere. I think we need to see a visit from old man winter. So half the people will dissapear.

nickredway

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 05:16:16 PM »

As a kinda young buck I was totally low holed last time I was up there. Was fishing far back from a side channel into an undercut bank and this guy pops out from the bushes on the bank and proceeds to quickly run his colorado blade all through the water I was obviously going to fish. At least it makes you realise how to behave yourself.

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 08:03:13 PM »

pressure is unreal for this early....makes me want to do a northern trip
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 01:05:43 AM by Rodney »
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.