Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: jet boat  (Read 13110 times)

younggun

• Old Timer
Re: jet boat
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2007, 04:44:30 PM »

North Rivers are beutiful boats but are really expensive!
Fish killer 101

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2007, 05:59:13 PM »

TNT,
Maybe you got the WELDCRAFT confused with WELLCRAFT, or were looking at the entry level Weldcrafts, but Weldcraft's Maverick was the first boat to have a continuous reverse chine's with double continuous internal welds.  Unlike most other boats with reverse chines that are spot welded.  The Weldcraft also tends to have thicker hulls or the same thickness as Thunderjet.  The cleats are also welded on (you said they weren't).  It also has a towable top, which many other makes don't have.  Check your facts again, I'm looking at one in my driveway right now.  By the way, I didn't see you slamming Duck's, but Weldcrafts are made in the same factory by the same people.  Every boat show you'll go to try this one thing.  Ask other dealers what boat make is selling for pricepoint, the most two frequent answers you'll get are...You guessed it, Thunderjet and Hewes craft. 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 10:02:51 PM by bentrod »

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2007, 06:24:01 PM »

I forgot to mention that Weldcraft's are about as wide as they get.

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2007, 10:12:01 PM »

TNT, Are you kidding, I should have read the rest of your email.  I have a 4-stroke 115 HP Yamaha and it gets at least twice if not 3 times the mileage of your jet.  Any 4-stroke outboard should.  I'm not talking about trolling in a foot of water, but I can easily do it on plane.  An 18' boat with an outback bracket and a 14 degree hull will do this. 

Mike D.

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2007, 11:50:55 PM »

Its all about personal opinion....just like when you pick your vehicles, FORDS Suck, Dodge Rams ford off the road...every single jet boat company is different......by the way, you cannot compare a prop to a jet...just like comparing a sport jet to a V8...totally different classes....weldcraft= as wide as they get? ya right, every boat company is as wide as they get, thats why its called "custom options" upgrade that 7' beam to a nice wide 8.5' beam etc....I myself think Thunder Jets are the nicest all around boats on the river, they don't take the whole river with them like a Custom Weld or North River, and they are sharp....I know I will be getting one sometime in the next 3 years  :D This is almost like the Flossing debate for heavens sake....also I think those weld crafts look like a well fare hewes craft! Now thats bad.

Mike <"))))))><

tnt

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2007, 06:24:41 AM »

bentrod join us this morning we are going to yale , there isnt one part of the river that is less than a foot deep. so you can follow all the thunder jets up ;D
Just because you have a pin rod doesnt mean you know how to fish it.....

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2007, 08:40:53 AM »

Point taken guys.  Just a bit edgy last night.  I agree, each to their own.  TNT, I said I could and have gone in that kind of water.  I don't make a habit of it.  In no way am I going to say that I can run with the jets.  If I wanted to, I would have bought a jet.  I prefer my outboard for the places I fish and ski (Columbia & Snake Rivers, Lake Chelan, Lake Coeur d Alene).  Plus, I don't like to spend $100 in gas every time I go out fishing or hauling the kids around on tubes. 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 06:08:37 PM by bentrod »

Randog

• Ultimate Sportfishing Adventures
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2007, 06:32:52 PM »

THUNDER JETS SUCK!!!!!!! ;) Kidding, I have a few buddies that own Tjets and they are finished very nice. But there's no substitute for THE MIGHTY NORTH RIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scruffy, it all depends what you'll be using the boat for. For an "all round" boat that you can use to waterski, fish in both river and salt you may concider the 20' Hews craft with a Yamaha prop. Just keep your eye on the sounder in the Fraser and you should be ok.

If you can get your hands on a wescan explorer grab it. Almost indestructable! Outlaw marine makes some bullet proof boats as well.

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2007, 07:02:38 PM »

I saw one of those outlaw marine boats the other day.  It was pretty good looking.  Kind of reminded me of the North River Commander X that I was going to buy just bought before I found my Weldcraft. 

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2007, 10:13:53 PM »

Does it really matter ??? He likes Thunder Jets you like something else, everyone has there opinion , personally I like the Thunder Jets also, my old land lord has one and it was one sweet ride, and hauled some serious *** even in shallow water. no need to argue about which boat is better, what ever you guys have and you like it thats great keep it at that. There just boats as long as they float and move forwards and backwards what more do you want  ??? If i was given the choice to have my land lords TJ or a North River i would take the Thunder Jet.

Also while Sturgeon fishing some guy came up to us in a brandnew Thunder Jet and it was decked out with everything on it. It was Really Nice..

Boaters Politics...... Just be lucky you guys can afford to even have one .....

My Dad can beat up you're dad Freak !!!!!!

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2007, 04:45:19 PM »

Monday » January 29 » 2007

Trio make it to shore after boat capsizes

Vancouver Sun

Monday, January 29, 2007

FRASER CANYON - Three people are safe after being thrown into the Fraser

River Sunday when their boat overturned between Hope and Boston Bar. RCMP Const. Bert Paquet said police received a report that a boat had overturned on the river around 1 p.m.

Two of the boaters made it to shore, but the third was missing, he said. Local search and rescue workers were called, and they eventually found the third boater, who had managed to swim to shore within a few minutes of the accident.

None of the three were hurt.

Paquet did not have any further details about the incident, including what type of boat the three were travelling in or how it overturned.

another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2007, 07:05:09 PM »

I wonder if it was a Thunder Jet?  Was thinking of getting one, :-\ was, but now I don't know. Sounds pretty scary, think I'll stick with the kayak it's got real shallow draft. Glad everyone is OK.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

johnny

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2007, 07:23:38 PM »

It was a north river. As far as the article, once again it's proven that the media can't just report the "facts". It wasn't a race but they made it sound like the "cannonball run" not a friendly get together of jet boat enthusiasts.
Never let the truth get in the way of a perfectly good story...

Mike D.

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2007, 07:29:19 PM »

It was a north river. As far as the article, once again it's proven that the media can't just report the "facts". It wasn't a race but they made it sound like the "cannonball run" not a friendly get together of jet boat enthusiasts.

Agreed, stupid media makes this incident sound like jet boats are horrible or w.e.....but I must say there is no better boat than a SIDEWINDER  :-* so johnny, what kind of boat did you buy?

Mike <")))))><

johnny

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2007, 08:04:13 PM »

Agreed, stupid media makes this incident sound like jet boats are horrible or w.e.....but I must say there is no better boat than a SIDEWINDER  :-* so johnny, what kind of boat did you buy?

Mike <")))))><
Wooldridge xtra plus. As I said earlier in the thread, I just need new power for it. It's a great roomy boat and very "functional". I'm a wooldridge fan, so I'm happy with my purchase.
Never let the truth get in the way of a perfectly good story...