Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Center Pins  (Read 2124 times)

younggun

• Old Timer
Center Pins
« on: January 29, 2007, 10:42:00 PM »

Hey found a shop that has a islander standard 4" for $189, brand new, should i buy it? I'm wanting to get into it but also need a rod to go with the reel, anyone willing to break up a with a rod?
Fish killer 101

younggun

• Old Timer
Re: Center Pins
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 10:50:59 PM »

No but getting a loan from a parent is not hard, would it be a good reel to get or is it a waste of money?
Fish killer 101

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 06:52:35 AM »

Not sure if anyone would part with an Islander CP brand new for that kind of change, are you sure it is a cp?? and not a mooching reel or a fly reel?? does Islander even make a 4" pin? if it is for real it sounds like a great deal but don't spend a bunch of money on the wrong equipment
TR

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 07:38:00 AM »

thanks rick, and to clearify for Freak, i wanted to get the money myself for the fly rod so i wouldn't have to think about how much i spend cus i owed back to my parents.
Fish killer 101

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 08:00:14 AM »

As a moderator, here is an advice. It is best to leave whatever goes on in the emails out of the forum, as they are personal matters. Forum members should consider others' privacy when sharing information. Younggun, it is also best not to explain your financial situation with your parents or other personal matters in a public forum where anyone could be reading this. Something to consider in the future. Thanks

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 03:34:00 PM »

islander doesnt make a 4'' centerpin reel.  i dont think they ever have, the searun and pacific steelheader were both over 4'' if i recall correctly.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.