Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where to go for fishing trip?  (Read 5246 times)

Birkenhead

Re: Where to go for fishing trip?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2017, 03:36:38 PM »

Went up to Tunkwa for a look... very windy, so did not fish there as I was fishing from my fishcat float tube. I fished at Logan Lake instead. Logan is much smaller than Tunkwa .....one could easily hike the perimeter and fish, use the dock, pontoon or float tube ... not as windy too!

Tunkwa can get very windy. I fish there multiple times throughout the spring and summer and find that first light to about 11:00 am is best before the winds start to pick up. After about 5-6 pm, the winds usually slow down and the lake is fishable again until nightfall.

If you want to fish Tunkwa with a float tube, try right along the lake shore area out and to the left of the Provincial Park boat launch and up to the resort area. There, the water is somewhat protected from the full force of the wind as compared to main part of the lake.

BananasQ

Re: Where to go for fishing trip?
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2017, 11:46:47 AM »

Unsure if you solved your boat issue, I do have a canoe that I rent out that's super light, fits on most roof racks and has rod holders, etc https://shareshed.ca/locations/barney-port-moody/listings/seats-2-2-17-6-kevlar-ultralight-clipper-tripper-canoe - the only challenge is that it can be a bit tricky in the wind.

Tight lines.