Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Boat Launch  (Read 9940 times)

armytruck

• Old Timer
Boat Launch
« on: August 31, 2013, 12:54:42 PM »

Not sure if there has been any previous post on this topic ?
I'm asking if anyone to see if there is any boat launches on the south side of the Fraser between say 176 th. and 200 th st. Many years ago I used the one at Brownsville however as some of you already know , it is  unaccessible . Thank you
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!
Re: Boat Launch
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 06:42:59 PM »

you would think with all the billions there spending on the new perimeter road they could cough up a few $$$ to build 1 or 2 nice boat launches !!!

just my thought !

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 07:58:05 PM »

you would think with all the billions there spending on the new perimeter road they could cough up a few $$$ to build 1 or 2 nice boat launches !!!

just my thought !

Boat launches don't bring anyone any money, unless they are private and pay per use. I don't disagree that the whole lower mainland could use more boat launches, but bringing up the SFPR isn't really relevant since it is going to be a major shipping route.

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 08:20:55 PM »

Boat launches don't bring anyone any money, unless they are private and pay per use. I don't disagree that the whole lower mainland could use more boat launches, but bringing up the SFPR isn't really relevant since it is going to be a major shipping route.

but it right along the fraser which use  to have launches ! Dion.... ever been down on the Columbia in the States ! free launches every where !

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 10:08:22 PM »

We are only pests in the way of others with our fishing.
The worlds most productive Salmon river with the less launches than a Washington ditch.

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 12:30:03 AM »

DFO and the government don't even care to provide some easy access or more parking at some of the popular fishing spots on the Fraser, let alone boat launches. These government people are not fishing friendly in my book. Yet they gladly take in your license money.

buck

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 12:49:02 PM »

liketofish

DFO is not in the business of constructing boat launches, and access to fishing holes on the river. Next you will want them to provide you with a boat and gear so you can use the launch.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 12:53:24 PM »

liketofish

DFO is not in the business of constructing boat launches, and access to fishing holes on the river. Next you will want them to provide you with a boat and gear so you can use the launch.

Don't forget that they should also provide staff on site during the fishing season for fish gutting services.... ;D

No parking along the Fraser River for pink salmon fishing??? What? I want my license money back! ;D

::)

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 01:23:50 PM »

Another Question ?
Has anyone been to the Maquabeek Park Launch on the north side of the new Port Mann bridge . I looked on google earth but the new bridge does not show being built there yet . By the looks of it , the new bridge would run almost right over top of the launch . Also who runs it ? It looks as though it is well maintained so I assume they have a fee for the launch . Has any one here used it ?
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

Shawn6o4

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 02:18:32 PM »

Not sure if its any help to you but maybe someone else. I live in south vancouver and there's a boat launch near victoria drive and kent but in 18 years of living beside it I've never seen anyone use it

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 03:36:06 PM »

Don't forget that they should also provide staff on site during the fishing season for fish gutting services.... ;D

No parking along the Fraser River for pink salmon fishing??? What? I want my license money back! ;D

::)

DFO and the government here are not fishing friendly, Period. Perhaps DFO has no business in helping fishermen and you accept that here in Canada. Don't try to defend their abysmal record. Just look at the States where boat launches are everywhere and fishing piers in the ocean are not just provided but they are good and strong structures. Just look at those long fishing piers all over California. Over here in Canada, they charge you for fishing but provide very little service in return. They justify that as 'monopoly'. They are more interested in enforcing regulations than making it easier for fishermen here (which is not bad at all but not enough). If this is not a monopoly, they will lose out their customers (the license paying folks) in a hurry.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 03:39:55 PM by liketofish »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2013, 03:38:44 PM »

As always, you have no idea how recreational fisheries are managed in this province.

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2013, 03:45:32 PM »

I am not questioning their management of fishery. Everybody can come out with their own conclusion there. But I have much better idea to know that there is hardly any DFO or government initiated projects which help their customers getting easier access or parking facilities. I am nobody. But Ian Forbes has been the president of the Steelhead Society and when he says the government is lacking any initiative to build boat launches, he knows what he is talking. I don't think the government record is worth defending comparing what has been built for the fishing folks in the States.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2013, 03:49:05 PM »

Nice. Keep up with the uneducated assumptions, you're making a difference.

buck

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2013, 04:27:58 PM »

liketofish

Washington State will be more than willing to sell you an angler licence which will entitle you to use all their boat launches.