Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Saltwater Shore Fishing  (Read 1083 times)

FishingFitz

Saltwater Shore Fishing
« on: July 15, 2012, 10:53:22 PM »

I wokeup today and walked to the beach infront of my house (west vancouver), it was low tide and saw about 15 boats trolling infront of the beach. They were very close to shore. I looked down the beach and saw about 8 or so guys fishing from the beach. Seeing as this is just infront of my house, I wanna know the gear id need. i have a long spinning rod like what they were using that should work fine, but what tequnique are they using? I noticed one guy was never reeling in, and i wondered if he just had some bait out there. I saw another guy jerking his rod and reeling in slack (not snagging) he was sort of jigging it. I used to just use buzz bombs. would this still work? if so... what size and coulour?

cheers

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Saltwater Shore Fishing
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 10:58:59 PM »

Beach fishing opportunities directly in front of your house! I'd be down there everyday! ;D

The smallest buzz bomb should work well by retrieving and twitching. Some people just slowly lift the rod and reel down but I somehow can't seem to get it to work that way. A small spinner being retrieved with weights added a few feet above it is also pretty popular.

doja

Re: Saltwater Shore Fishing
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 11:28:39 PM »

Plunk a live herring out there... should be fun. Can you even get a live herring in the lowermianland?