Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DFO on Global News  (Read 2293 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
DFO on Global News
« on: June 09, 2005, 04:59:17 AM »

Hey Chris, when you starting your guiding buisness? 'Maple Leaf Adventures' theres a name for you to use. Thanks for the read. ;)
Sounds very good thanks, for the name suggestion. "Maple Leaf Adventures" has to do some chores today and a couple of meeting but tomorrow things will start rolling, rolling, rolling right along again right FA.

Not to hyjack my own thread but at the SDA meeting last night it was mentioned there was a item on the Global TV on the 6 o'clock news on Tuesday about how a couple of FOC officials were blaming last years missing sockeye on the warm water condition. Apparently they never mentioned the real reason a lot of them disappeared off the radar screen, that of course was by illegall fishing. They are also preparing the public for the same senario this year as they forcast more warm water conditions. Talk about spin doctors at work. :( :( As well last year when out on the river I did not see that many dead floating fish.

The main reason I post this I wonder if anyone typed the news that night and still has a copy, if so please e-mail me as the SDA would appreciate a copy.

Sorry to be putting this in here under this topic, no need to add to it, if so maybe start a new thread. Thanks

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Chasing Springs On The Fraser Once Again
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 04:53:28 PM »

:D ;D another overall sucess!

As for the global news story, I heard about it last night and i just fired them an email, just said they where wrong, cause i was out on the fraser a lot and didnt see one dead fish floating down the river, but I did see countless nets...
Good for you for sending it in and that is most likely the reason they cut it from the morning news. It was lazy reporting getting only one side of the story and not the truth either. I had the 11 news taped by someone as I was out of town fishing but I donot think it was on it then. We sure would like a copy, someone must have it.

The SDA should attempt to provide them with the truth but we need to know what was actually said by Inson and the other spokesman first. Even though I freelance for Global I would have difficulty getting a copy from them especially if they know they have committed a boo boo. Lets hope someone may have one. I have hours of fishing related tapes that go back nearly 20 years when we first started the Fraser Valley Salmon Society.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Chasing Springs On The Fraser Once Again
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 05:27:56 PM »

Yeah it'll be tough luck finding a tape cause no one knew they where gonna report it (except for those who worked there), and as you said, it was pulled pretty quickly...
Yes but if there is some people like me out there they sometime tape the news to watch when they get back from work or out. Thats my only hope I guess.