Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So, are you really concerned about fishing?  (Read 9730 times)

rerigger

• I'm a llama!
Re: So, are you really concerned about fishing?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2005, 05:30:07 AM »

they were on a different ship 8) 8)

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2005, 11:57:50 PM »

Since Sam doesn't like me telling all about the dirty secrets, I have decided to list facts.

Sam; who lifted the moratorium on net pen fish farms off our coast? Give up; the liberals!

And what have these fish farms done for BC?

Damaged our Salmon, by breeding sealice in the paths young Salmon travel when heading out to sea. This has damaged our comercial and sportfishing opportunities. This is also effecting Bears, which effects one fasset of our tourism industy.

Polution, the average net pen fish farm over a year produces effluent equal to a city of 60,000 people. A city is required to treat their sewage, fish farms are not, and they don't. It has been reported to my but as yet unsubstanciated that many fish farms empty their toilets directly into the pens.

Harm to our Shellfish; Emamectin Benzoate, a nerve impules inhibitor, a known killer of crustaceans (crabs, shrimp, prawns, ect) is apllied regularly to the net pens in attempts to control the sea lice. This product is collecting in the sediment and clams, oysters and a like under the net pens. I wonder how long it will take before it works it's way through the food chain to us.

Problems with the Alaskans; Alaska charged us with biological polution when escaped Atlantic Salmon were found in some of their river. This has been a handycap in our efforts to come to an agreement on the Pacific Salmon Treaty.

Potential for civil war; Many first nation have declared war on fish farms. How many remember the occupation and destruction of the fish farm hatchery at Ocean Falls.

When asked directly if he would restore the moratorium, in light of all of the above, Gordon said "No!" and the expantion continues.

Who closed the forestry campsites? Right again, the Liberals.

This time Sam, instead of asking me to prove all the above, how about you disproving it!   
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2005, 12:46:54 AM »

This time Sam, instead of asking me to prove all the above, how about you disproving it!
An especially weak attempt to change the subject that-are you PWD?
Expecting me to defend the Liberals record is a little like having a secret spot on the Vedder zoo-it ain't gonna happen. ::)
The original post (you do remember your original post don't you?) was about turning our rivers into private business models like the British system-you have failed to provide any proof of any such occurence/intention.
I can only surmise that the reason you are unable to provide a shred of proof is that you have no proof/have no way of obtaining any/never will have any-thus your desperate attempt to change the subject.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2005, 01:13:40 AM »

The NDP when questioned about what they will do if elected government said they do not plan to get rid of fish farms only that they will tighten environmental regulations. Guess fish farms are here to stay.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2005, 10:10:12 AM »

I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard rumours about fish farms being able to set up around Prince Rupert, Near the mouth of the Skeena. Anyone else hear this? I don't know if it is true or not. I am trying to find a link.

I heard it as well. I think I heard it from Adrienne Carr of the Geren Party about how the Liberals would allow it. Not 100% sure but thats what I remember.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2005, 10:14:43 AM »

The information is in this month's editorial.

There was a public forum held yesterday regarding the issue.

Here is a map of the proposed fish farm sites at the mouth of Skeena.

For more information, go to this website.

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2005, 07:07:37 PM »

Sam, what is a PWD? Never was much good with trade jargon.

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2005, 09:57:53 PM »

No answer yet! well lets see a PFD is a personal floatation device, a PMD is a pale morning dun, a PED is a pale evening dun, a PHD is a post hole digger. So what is a PWD?

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2005, 11:19:03 PM »

Posting While Drunk  ::)
Also are you sure you're not related to Tony Gallagher?

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2005, 05:56:17 PM »

Ha Ha! I like that, that is a good one. My wife suggested Please Wash Dishes. As for Tony Gallagher; No, and I don't care much for his work either.