Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: PINKS  (Read 9625 times)

Sandman

• Old Timer
Re: PINKS
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2011, 04:18:44 PM »

I was out in the Sound again this morning and got one off Furry Creek within about ten minutes but lost it to a seal.  Hooked another a few minutes later but it pulled free after a minute.  Once the tide turn and started to come in the bite died right off.  I only saw 4 others caught.  Very slow.  I headed up to Squamish and found a spot on the Mamquam to myself across from the crowded south bank.  Again I hooked one within a few minutes but lost it after a brief fight, hooked and lost a couple more in the next couple of hours until finally getting a nice silver doe to the beach.  All the fish were caught on a pink clouser minnow on a clear intermediate sink tip.
Not all those who wander are lost

1stlite

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2011, 05:03:14 PM »

I was out fishing the Lower Fraser in Richmond during rising tide later part of the morning. I know everyone says it's a bit early for the Pinks, but during the 2 hours fishing, 40 minutes of it were pretty good. During the time I was fishing, I thought I saw some dorsel fins showing and when I casted out towards them, it was fish on! I got into five fish, the 2 that I did land were Pinks. One about 3½ and the other about 4 lbs both nice and bright. I caught them on pink crocodile and on a pink spinner. With the large numbers of pinks projected to return up the Fraser, this should be one fun season. I think the lower Fraser (Richmond area) you will find the brighter, fresher fish. Godd luck everyone.

fishbuster

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2011, 06:15:07 PM »

That's perfect timing on your part.  This can be early but you never know unless you try.  Well Done

rheticus

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2011, 06:57:00 PM »

To those of you using a clouser or similar to fish for pinks: What sort of retrieve do you use? Slow? Fast? Steady? Jerky? Short strips? Long strips?

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2011, 08:25:52 PM »

To those of you using a clouser or similar to fish for pinks: What sort of retrieve do you use? Slow? Fast? Steady? Jerky? Short strips? Long strips?

I get most of my fish on a slow short jerk strip.  I was fishing this morning and started with a slow steady strip, then as soon as I switched to the jerk strip I had a bite.  Some times you just need to switch it up.
Not all those who wander are lost

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2011, 08:05:34 AM »

I was out fishing the Lower Fraser in Richmond during rising tide later part of the morning. I know everyone says it's a bit early for the Pinks, but during the 2 hours fishing, 40 minutes of it were pretty good. During the time I was fishing, I thought I saw some dorsel fins showing and when I casted out towards them, it was fish on! I got into five fish, the 2 that I did land were Pinks. One about 3½ and the other about 4 lbs both nice and bright. I caught them on pink crocodile and on a pink spinner. With the large numbers of pinks projected to return up the Fraser, this should be one fun season. I think the lower Fraser (Richmond area) you will find the brighter, fresher fish. Godd luck everyone.

Any pictures?

Plainswalker

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2011, 09:38:18 AM »

Were you fishing from shore or from a boat?

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2011, 09:51:55 AM »

On my way to towards Squamish yesterday I was hoping to try my luck at a beach.  This was about 5:30am.  The small parking area was overflowed and people were parking on the other side of the hwy 99 and running across.  Yikes!

1stlite

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2011, 09:55:43 AM »

Were you fishing from shore or from a boat?
Fishing from shore. They were about 30-40 ft. off the rip rap (rocks). Sorry, no photos this time.

Dude

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2011, 06:52:37 PM »

Was out Today after work in Richmond End of no3rd.  Saw few Fish jumping but not many im thinking they were sockeye.
Couple people out there beside me as welll doesnt no luck though!!  Doesnt look like there are many pinks in the system yet maybe another week or 2 then it should
be FUN!!!!  ;D

Plainswalker

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2011, 08:39:22 PM »

Was out Today after work in Richmond End of no3rd.  Saw few Fish jumping but not many im thinking they were sockeye.
Couple people out there beside me as welll doesnt no luck though!!  Doesnt look like there are many pinks in the system yet maybe another week or 2 then it should
be FUN!!!!  ;D

Dude, I was there this afternoon around 5pm as well... did I talk to you? I was the dude trying to get used to a levelwind tossing a gold-and-orange spoon.

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2011, 09:10:18 PM »

there were a bunch of pinks at porteau cove yesterday, but of course there's no fishing there :(

Dude

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2011, 09:29:50 PM »

Hey Fishhunter, Thats what ive been hearing tooo....that just means another week or two until they make it down here!! I cant wait  ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2011, 11:12:53 PM »

Pinks at Porteau are probably heading to the Squamish, not to the Fraser system.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2011, 11:30:44 PM »

At least 2 more weeks, more like 3.

In 2009, they didn't arrive in the lower Fraser in any great numbers until Labour Day, Sept 4th.

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=21747.0