Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Capilano River, May 21st 2012  (Read 2620 times)

liketofish

• Old Timer
Capilano River, May 21st 2012
« on: May 22, 2012, 03:40:16 PM »

Was out at Cable Pool and water was too fast & dangerous to fish there. A few guys were at it but saw no fish when I stopped by briefly. There was not a single coho at the hatchery fish ladder and the holding tank. Try access the Keith Rd Pool but the access was blocked by the strong flow of the inside channel. Not much action seen at lower runs. Hope more fish will show in June.

hotrod

Re: Capilano River, May 21st 2012
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 09:01:13 PM »

Thanks for the report!
 I was out yesterday and the river was on the drop and hooked into a few cohos. With the recent rains and high-water I figured that would call in some fresh fish. But the highlight of yesterdays outing was a beauty 7-8 lb summer run steel !It tried to make a run for the ocean and  I managed to turn it back before it got too far. Put up a great battle Fresh with sea nice! A good bunch of  fish moved through last night.Then a few minutes after that my sister hooked into a fresh summer steel as well!  How sweet is that! Love it!

So!........I Went out again tonight ,after having so much fun yesterday, and lo and behold I hooked into another 7-8 lb chrome summer steel! Put up a great fight! A few cohos to hand as well!
So really have enjoyed myself these last few days! The fish are moving in with more frequency  and more numbers! A very good sign to see and hear of lots of fresh summer runs coming back!have fun out there fellas!

hotrod

Bandit420

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 01:52:41 PM »

Nice job on the steelies! Must have caught the only 3 that return ;D
If you're not fishing, you're not living!

JAwrey

• 'Head Hunter
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 09:30:29 PM »

Thanks for the report!
 I was out yesterday and the river was on the drop and hooked into a few cohos. With the recent rains and high-water I figured that would call in some fresh fish. But the highlight of yesterdays outing was a beauty 7-8 lb summer run steel !It tried to make a run for the ocean and  I managed to turn it back before it got too far. Put up a great battle Fresh with sea nice! A good bunch of  fish moved through last night.Then a few minutes after that my sister hooked into a fresh summer steel as well!  How sweet is that! Love it!

So!........I Went out again tonight ,after having so much fun yesterday, and lo and behold I hooked into another 7-8 lb chrome summer steel! Put up a great fight! A few cohos to hand as well!
So really have enjoyed myself these last few days! The fish are moving in with more frequency  and more numbers! A very good sign to see and hear of lots of fresh summer runs coming back!have fun out there fellas!

hotrod

What did you get 'em on?
- John A.

Old Blue

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 10:33:37 AM »

Nice roe is your best option, or ghost shrimp.

hotrod

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 06:24:40 AM »

Actually, I was using roe and switching to single egg patterns. Back n forth on those two is working well for me! Hoping to get one on the fly soon!

hotrod

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 05:37:09 PM »

Did any one fished the Cap after this report of mine which is 2+ weeks ago? Any update?

nickredway

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 07:16:59 PM »

Slow and low.

Old Blue

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 07:49:32 PM »

I was there today......ssssslllllloooooowwwwww.

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 09:54:18 PM »

It was slow on Saturday June 2nd, too. Heard of 1 fish caught out of 20 anglers that I saw.

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 01:23:03 AM »

Hope this does not suggest the run is in trouble this year. Last year this time the Cable Pool was thick with fish. We did have high water last 2 weeks. Should have brought in lots more fish than what we saw. Hope the fish are just late, but ah, if they show up too late, the natives will have them all with their weirs.