Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2nd annual Trophy Hunter steelhead derby-Jan.20/08  (Read 5126 times)

allwaysfishin

Re: 2nd annual Trophy Hunter steelhead derby-Jan.20/08
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2008, 09:04:58 PM »

yup... big pat on the back due to Rick and all the folks who worked to put this together. Had a great time today fishin with guys i don't get to see enough... good laughs.... no fish for me hehehe but still a very fun day. I will gladly contribute on the prize end for this event again next year.... and i'll try to come through on the chilli next time.... sorry folks.
Thanx again Rick and Crew  ;D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2008, 09:19:01 PM »

Just wanted to say thanks to Rick and his much better half, along with all the folks that helped put this together.  Was a great day out on the river and a great bunch of people at the ceremony.  Again thanks to everyone involved for the great cause.  Was also nice seeing a lot of people again I hadn't seen for a while.

Any idea of the number of wild fish released today by derby participants?
Don't know how many wilds were caught, I released 1 about 7-8 lbs.  Didn't see anything else were I was other than a guy that looked like he had one on for a moment across the river just after first light. :)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 12:22:21 AM »

good to hear it went well, i hope i can get out to it next year, reason for not goin was dad tore a back muscle and i had no one to go with. Prizes looked awsome, and all fish entered were nice fish. Seems like this will be a tradition for years to come. Congrats to everyone, especially the guys who released fish.
Fish killer 101

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2008, 01:01:25 AM »

tough luck younggun!...Im sure they were dissapointed u never showed up!
weeeeeeeeeow!

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 10:46:04 AM »

Here are a few more pics that were taken on Sunday, I can't add pics to the page setup by Rodney, maybe he can move these pics there for me
TH

« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 12:32:08 PM by TrophyHunter »

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 11:08:33 AM »

Thanks Rick, your better half, and everyone else who help put this much needed event together... A very worthy cause!

It was nice meeting you all, we were fishing right until 2pm so we were a bit late... We fished hard with both fly and gear, we hit 7 runs all together, and it was just not meant to be... I didn't even see a fish caught by anyone Sunday.

I thought it would be in the bag, but instead I spent two days being skunked, that's steelheading!

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 01:24:55 PM »

Stupid kid having a birthday party....... >:( :'( ;)
http://

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 05:57:56 PM »

Thanks to Rick and all the others for putting the derby together.  Fished the derby with EZ Rolling, but we did not connect with any fish yesterday. And Nicole I am pretty sure we saw you, as we were also hard at it trying to find the elusive cold hard steel. All in all a fun time, looking forward to next year's derby.

nosey

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2008, 04:14:35 PM »

Yup thx to Rick and the girls too, I had a excellent time and got some good pics that I'll send in after I return from Chetwynd. Sunday was actually my last official day of fishing for the next three weeks and I'm already going through withdrawal.