Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 8 Days Alberni Inlet, August 2006  (Read 4009 times)

mess

Re: 8 Days Alberni Inlet, August 2006
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2006, 03:21:00 PM »

Nice fish looks like you had a great time and good to see the kids wearing life jackets .  Seen too many idiot parents not put life jackets on their kids this year on the river ( stupid stupid)

fishfinder

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2006, 03:48:22 PM »

Great report. Your photos of China Creek marina brings back nice memories! Haven’t been there for years but we always had great luck heading out of the marina towards Alberni instead of Nahmint or Franklin river. Always got our limit trolling along the cliffs with hoochies or tomic plugs in the mornings.

DaN ThE MaN

• Old Timer
  • Darn she got away!!
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2006, 05:35:03 PM »

Sounds like a awsome trip legend.! Great pics!

sliverbullet

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 09:09:25 PM »

Thanks for the reports seems like it was a good trip and looks like your pretty much set for coho season with all the roe you got.
Im going to be headiing up to bamfield on thursday ill post some pics hope it wil  be good

legend

• There's no nookie like Chinookie
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2006, 09:23:21 PM »

That isn't roe it's brined chunks of salmon ready for the smoker . Which turned out perfect  :o ;D . Just took a job at the Crofton pulp mill for 4 weeks so I will be fishing the weekends at Renfrew , Alberni  and Nitnat probably in that order Renfrew the first weekend as it is fishing really good for monster Chinook according to a buddie who lives near there. Then the following weekend in Alberni as the crowds are going to be thinned out I'm hoping and maybe we can get in at China Creek again . The third weekend Nitnat lake should be getting hot and we will pound the gap with our jigs for forty pound plus Chinooks . ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 09:30:30 PM by legend »

drift

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 09:36:44 PM »

Nice report! :)

sliverbullet

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 09:41:20 PM »

its a hard life eh  :P

legend

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2006, 09:51:48 PM »

Oh and yes I have plenty of roe as well as every one there tossed it at the cleaning tables so we cleaned house . I use my roe for sturgie fishing when i target Coho it is with Spoons or Colorado blades casting or trolling and i do very well in various locations it the lower mainland . When I get back from my working / fishing vacation there should be some great Coho fishing in my usual spots . ;)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
Re: 8 Days Alberni Inlet
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2006, 09:16:33 AM »

...A special thanks to Iron Noggin for all his advise via E - Mail sorry we never hooked up but we were very busy keeping the kids occupied... :'( :'(

You're very welcome  ;)
Just pleased to see it worked out well for you and your family! Kudos introducing your Young Guns to this wonderful sport at such an early age! The smiles say it all!!

Fishing continues to be rather good of late, and more than a few large are showing to the cleaning tables as well (44 pounder to China just a day or two ago!). Expect we'll see one topping 50 for the upcoming Derby this weekend!!

Now is THE time folks! If you have your own rig, get it on the water! If not, gimme a buzz, and I just might be able to help  ;)

Great Report!!

Cheers,
Nog

legend

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2006, 02:45:09 PM »

Nog I was wondering if the crowds shrink after the derby as we will be coming the following weekend or the one after that. And when do the Coho show up in good numbers to the inside waters .

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2006, 04:17:31 PM »

The crowds always thin out following the Derby, seems most believe the fish are gone after that  ::)
This year I suspect they'll be running and staging right to the end of the month.

The odd coho is getting tagged now (short range). By mid-September it is usually rather good, and almost always by the 3rd week thereof.

Give me a buzz when headed over  ;)

Cheers,
Nog

legend

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2006, 04:31:17 PM »

Thanks again Nog and I will give you a call for sure maybe we can get out for a day together and tag a few tyee's ;) I just got off the phone with China creek and they will have lots of space after the derby  ;D