Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tide predictor lower fraser  (Read 2356 times)

fishyfish

Tide predictor lower fraser
« on: September 16, 2011, 10:53:38 AM »

Hello,

I have a tide/current predictor site I check. I was surprised to see (if I read it correctly) a one hour difference in tomorrows high tide at Deep Cove and Point Atkinson. What would be the most accurate tide predictor for the Garry point area? There isn't a reading for Garry Point. Where would the nearest site that  there may be a  prediction for? Point Atkinson?  I hope I made sense. Thank you.

Dr. Backlash

Re: Tide predictor lower fraser
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 02:20:27 PM »

here's one for Tsawwassen:  http://www.dairiki.org/tides/daily.php/tsw

thats pretty close to Garry Point

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 02:29:33 PM »

I use this link:

http://www.waterlevels.gc.ca/cgi-bin/tide-shc.cgi?queryType=showZone&language=english&region=1&zone=10

There is Tsawwassen and Sandheads - you'll still have to make an educated guess for the Garry Point area.  After a few attempts - you should be able to calculate an approximate time difference.
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!

arimaBOATER

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 02:32:05 PM »

Here's a good source for tides RIGHT AT GERRY PK..OR Steveston Harbour area:
www.tides.gc.ca
That address should bring out a map of Canada ..just click on teh Vancouver area...bring the map to where ya can click on SANDHEADS then look at webpage & at SITES scoll till ya see STEVESTON ...click on that..& ya should get a TIMETABLE for low mid & high tides...plus ya can get a 7 day look ahead.
Also on SITES ya can get other tide levels at various points along the mighty Fraser R.  :)
ADDED:
DavidD posted as I was typing this up...he gives the same INFO but DavidD iliketofish & fishyfish...from DavidD's link yes from Sandheads via SITES ya can get right to the Steveston location as mentioned!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 03:03:54 PM by A-BOATER »

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 02:44:06 PM »

I noticed that Steveston was in the droplist afterwards and you (AB) posted before I could correct myself.  :D

No replies for hours - and then BAM... 3 in less than 15min.

Just need to be patient on this site!  ;D
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!

arimaBOATER

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 03:07:39 PM »

This FWR forum can be like fishing !!!  As ya say NO REPLIES to this particular topic ...then BANG WAMMO STRIKE FISH ON...lots of replies within a short time frame...(like true fishing...no fish after a few hrs trying then WAMMO fish after fish)  ;D

therise

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 09:18:47 PM »

tides.gc.ca has always been reliable for me, although I am surpised to hear of a full hour difference between the two locations